Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Monday!

"I bust the windows out ya car..."

I was discussing this song with my boy Reggie last week and decided to kick off this Monday's discussion with the topic. I don't know how many of you are around, but I hope enough of you read this today so I can get your opinions on the subject.

Amanda burned the Jazmine Sullivan cd for me and I love it! When I first heard her voice, she reminded me of Lauryn Hill. I miss L-Boogie (damn Marley's made her crazy), so Jazmine is giving me my fix.

Now, this song right here...well, watch the video.

Bust Your Windows - Jazmine Sullivan

This song might as well be called "The Fastest Way to Get Your Ass Whooped!" Busting windows out of cars? First of all, how can you do that and not get caught? Wouldn't breaking glass create A LOT of noise and draw crazy attention? Where is this car located that no one would stop you from busting out windows?

I bust the windows out ya car
And no it didn’t mend my broken heart
I’ll probably always have these ugly scars
But right now I don’t care about that part


Second, why play yourself? Usually when women do stuff like this, it doesn't hurt the man, it just makes you look like a psycho! We should leave revenge up to God - but I know we're human, so we may feel the need to get revenge ourselves. So if you're going to get revenge, try to hurt his feelings - not make him angry! You might turn up missing and then they'll find you chopped up in a bunch of itty bitty pieces if he catches you busting windows out his ride. I'm surprised Left Eye's behind didn't get choked out for burning dude's house down! WTF? Ladies, ladies, ladies...

I bust the windows out ya car
After I saw you laying next to her
I didn’t wanna but I took my turn
I’m glad I did it cause you had to learn…


Now, don't get me wrong, I know men wild out too. But I think women are more likely to tear up a man's ish than simply leave his punk ass alone. I know you're angry that you caught him laying up next to some chick - I get that. But busting windows out his car? Get yourself killed if you want to...I'm not the one! I wanna live!

I must admit it helped a little bit
To think of how you’d feel when you saw it
I didn’t know that I had that much strength
But I’m glad you see what happens when…


Men, keep a close eye on the women you mess with and watch how you treat them. If you know you're doing dirt, you better make sure you either don't get caught, or are dealing with a sane woman who will not bust up your stuff or pour bleach on your favorite throwback jersey when you DO get caught....cuz chances are, you WILL. Or better yet, just don't do dirt. How bout dat?

You see can’t just play with people’s feelings
Tell them you love them and don’t mean it
You’ll probably say that it was juvenile
But I think that I deserve to smile


Also, if you're dealing with a woman who is combative, argumentative, vindictive, violent or spiteful, you might want to get rid of her BEFORE she catches you - or else busted windows won't be the only thing you have to worry about. She might try to hurt YOU. We always hear about men hitting women, but there are women out there who are just as ruthless. A woman can bust dat ass just as quickly as a man can. TRUST!

I bust the windows out ya car
You should feel lucky that that’s all I did
After five whole years of this bullshit
Gave you all of me and you played with it


I know first-hand it hurts to get cheated on. I know it hurts when we've been lied to. I can see wanting to bust up his car if he did you wrong. I know. But hurt and bitterness, like love, creates after it's own kind. Our resentment and acts of revenge rarely disturb the person who hurt us, but rather it destroys the host - emotionally, spiritually - and potentially physically.

But it don’t comfort to my broken heart
You could never feel how I felt that day
Until it happens baby you don’t know pain


When we seek revenge on someone who has wronged us, we wound ourselves.

Even though all that you did to me was much worse
I had to do something to make you hurt, yeah
Oh, but why am I still cryin’?
Why am I the one whose still cryin’
?

The women who bust up cars usually end up looking crazy to the men who hurt them. Men don't think, "oh wow, I messed up, she really hates me and I'm wrong." No, no, no! They think, "I'm glad I got rid of that crazy b*tch!" So now you've been hurt AND you look like a nut. Not a good look!

You broke my heart
So I broke ya car
You caused me pain (You caused me pain)
So I did the same


You want to really get him back? Forgive him - and then leave him alone. The best way to get over pain is to choose love - it heals everything in its path. Living a happy life (without him) is the best revenge.

When we're mad and want to get back at someone, rather than allowing that anger to lead us to lash out, ask the Spirit to guide you. See what it is we can learn from the experience. Keeping our cool in the face of anger and pain is the key to self mastery. Don't let anger consume or control you. Let it go.

I know it's easier said than done, but remember - God takes care of folks MUCH better than we can. Let the universe deal with it - and keep yourself from getting your ass beat in the process!

-b

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK I'm back b*tches! lol FIRST!!!
Anyways...As I am sure everyone else I've been there & done that gotten cheated on & all that other stuff. Personally my best revenge was walking away & handling my business for myself. I've always heard that I screwed up a man's head more by keeping my dignity than by acting a fool. Hell yeah I've wanted to tase a negro once or twice. BUT I've learned to take a deep breath & try & remain calm..

Brooke said...

You didn't tase a negro?! I'm shocked! LOL!!

I don't think I'd have the nerve, no matter how angry I got. I'd be afraid to get beat up or go to jail :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Annamaria. It's often often better to just walk away. The threat of reprisals is often more terrorizing than the actual thing. That definitely messes with a person's head. Even if there's no threat, it effects the ego way more knowing the person walked away and doesn't give a damn that they're no longer around you.

Anonymous said...

The telltale lines in this entire song are:

"After five whole years of this bullshit

Gave you all of me and you played with it."

Why the hell would anyone deal with 5 years of bullshit from anyone? I don't want to get into how good it might have felt to trash his car. You need to think about how stupid you will feel when you are taken to court to pay for all of that damage. He messed up on you, now you are looking like the fool in court.

This was said in the blog but I am going to reiterate the fact that the best thing to do is tell him that you forgive him and walk out of his life. He will feel like garbage after that and you will be the stronger person for having done so. BTW, 9 times out of 10, he will try and get you back after you play him by walking away.

Last but not least, you bust the windows out of my car and I'm gettin' one of my girl cousins on you.

Brooke said...

I agree too. I've never tried to get back at someone by acting out (thought about things I could do, where to hide the body, etc.) But honestly, it takes too much energy. I don't have it in me to do stuff like that because usually when I'm done, I'm done...and I know healing has to begin, so I just walk away. I believe good behavior is rewarded, so I know that God makes it easier for me to get over whatever it is I need to get over when I just focus on me and do what I believe is right.

Anonymous said...

Maliek I am DYING laughing right now thinking about you calling one of your girl cousins to beat some chick down cause she bust the windows out your car!!! lol...

Brooke said...

Maliek, you're crazy :-) And I know you WOULD get a girl cousin on someone too! My pride is too strong to look crazy in court for busting out windows...just can't do it :-)

Anonymous said...

Annamaria,

If one of them tells me that she is too old for that sh*t then I have to keep calling down the list until I get to one younger and crazy enough to do it for me. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Maliek,

Just let a sister know I will come thru with my taser & it will be a done deal! lol...

Brooke said...

Well, at least you'd get a girl to do it Maliek, I know some men who might shake the sh*t out a girl for busting out his windows!

Anonymous said...

Brooke,

You already know how that go. Call one of my cousins that's a young jawn from Baltimore Ave in Philly. She come with vaseline on her face and a razor blade under her tongue. lol.

Brooke said...

oh damn! no you didn't write "jawn!" straight Philly right there, love it! Yeah, they don't play on Baltimore Ave...my sister lives in Drexel Hill...and you know I can't wait for Baltimore Ave to turn into suburban Baltimore Pike...they're crazy out there!

Anonymous said...

...or I can just call Annamaria apparently. I'd be a little afraid to do that though. I don't know if she knows when enough is enough with the taser. We might both catch a case.

and no I would never hit or shake a woman and probably wouldn't even call my girl cousins.

*let's hope they believed me when I said I wouldn't call my girl cousins cuz I got Peaches and 'em on speed dial if a woman wanna test.*

Brooke said...

Well, I'm sure you wouldn't give a woman a reason to wanna bust the windows out your car :-) You don't mess with crazy chicks, right? ;-)

From the responses I received from women about your blog, I'm sure none of them would want to mess up your stuff :-)

Anonymous said...

I think we all hope you don't have to call me & my taser.. Cuz now that you mention it I don't know my limit with the taser. I always thought I stop buzzing when they stop moving??? You mean that ISN'T how it's done??? LMAO

Anonymous said...

*Standing here laughing with Annamaria but trying to hide that fact that I am a little afraid.*

Is that a taser in your purse?

Anonymous said...

LMAO...be afraid be very afraid. I can not disclose the location of my taser or else it's effectiveness may be compromised...

momo925 said...

I love that song! I think I love it because it expresses the innermost anger that you feel when you get done wrong by someone. Now that there is a song about it, you can sing it and vent instead of actually doing the crazy stuff she's singing about lol.

I am a strong believer in karma and I feel like people always get what they deserve in some way or another. Therefore, there is no need to act a fool and make yourself look crazy. I just leave it alone and move on. However I don't know about the forgiveness part lol. Depending on what the person did, I dont really feel that I owe them my forgiveness. I won't dwell on it but why should they feel the slightest bit better about what they did b/c I'm not mad anymore or because I forgave them??

Brooke said...

The forgiveness isn't for them, it's for you. A person doesn't even have to know you forgave them, it's for you to move on. Forgiveness sets you free, it doesn't mean you need to have the person in your life.

Serena W. said...

Now I can't front. I love the song, but yes it's crazy if you think you're going to bust windows out of a car and get away with it. My Mom always taught me, "Never let anyone draw you out of character and the moment you feel like he is then walk away." It does hurt to just walk away because you feel like you wanna get them back but as an earlier comment said...forgive him. It's for you. Sometimes we hold onto grudges for a long time, I've done it before and it's not good. But the blessings that came to me when I forgave him and let go of the grudges were priceless! I'm still being blessed abundantly! So long story short...brothers/sisters if it's dead weight in 08, let it go, forgive and move on and live divine in 09! Peace...

Related Posts with Thumbnails