Monday, March 9, 2009

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late post, but I'm home a little under the weather today. I had a decent weekend with my family. I spent the entire warm day on Saturday with my nephews at the playground and tried to rest on Sunday. My arms were killing me from my personal training session this past Friday, so that was a bummer. It wasn't even a "good" burn, but more like a "I feel like my arms are being sliced with a knife" type feeling. And to top it off, my beloved accountant, Mr. Lloyd Miller - one of the nicest, sweetest, most intelligent people I know - passed away Sunday morning...the day I was supposed to get my taxes done. The sad news put a damper on my weekend and after driving back late last night, helped contribute to the serious migraine I had this morning.

On March 8th, 2009, one of the best people, and accountants, passed away.

On March 9th, 1997, one of the best (THE BEST in my opinion) MC's passed away. It's been 12 years since Biggie left us, and he is STILL sorely missed. His songs are still hot, and relevant, today. I can't believe I still haven't seen the movie Notorious yet, but I will...no question. Maybe if I can get rid of this headache I'll see if it's still playing anywhere. If not, it'll be a dvd that I'll own when it's released.

Since my brain is still throbbing, I'll end this here. God willing, we'll have a better discussion tomorrow, but for now, I'm getting back in the bed.

May they both rest in peace and bask in God's awesome power and love.

Chat soon my peoples!








-b

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST!!!! FEEL BETTER BROOKEY!

Anonymous said...

NOW do you miss your accountant because he was a nice person OR because he got you some paper back???LOL

NOTORIOUS WAS HOT SON!!! You MUST see it. A certain young, beautiful pregnant puerto rican has a copy in her house thanks to her urban video professional sooo ya know...LOL

Biggie was truly the greatest & the music industry would probably be ON FIRE right now if he was still around. I can just imagine the stuff he would have come up with these days.

Brooke said...

I miss him because he was a nice guy. I was really sad to hear that he passed.

Anonymous said...

OK just making sure! lol....

Anthony Otero said...

Damn, it has been 12 years huh? I do miss him.

I hope you feel better Brook.

Peggy said...

Wow 12 years...time flies

Feel better Brooke!

Serena W. said...

I'm so sorry about your loss Brooke :( My Chief Operating Officer lost her mother suddenly over the weekend. Just crazy. As they said pray for the deceased and fight for the living.

12 years already and people are still rocking his beats! Go see the movie Brooke! It was good and I even learned things about him that weren't so public.

Feel better sweetie pie!

Brooke said...

Thank you all so much. My migraines sometimes just debilitate me.

Anthony Otero said...

I feel you...they knock me write out! So I can only imagine. I surprised you can stand to look at a computer screen.

Georgia Peach said...

I liked BIG - he was definitely a storyteller and although I don't think he's the best, I think he could have been the best had he lived on...

Sorry to hear about your accountant Brooke! Hopefully he has gone on to a better place at least.

Hope you feel better- I hate getting migraines and they always take the strength out of me. Just try to get as much rest as you can.

Tanya said...

Hope you feel better...

Sorry for your loss. Losing those around us is sometimes so difficult, we truly don't appreciate as much as we can. But be grateful that someone has touched your life.

Notorious...wow...I can't believe it...his words are so alive to me...so it always seems to surreal. He will always live on...especially in spirit.

It reminds me to be appreciative of all that is around me...

Brooke said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. I feel a bit better, just a little tired. Migraines take a lot out of me. Hopefully I'll wake up refreshed.

Tanya, yes...it was so sad to hear. I mean, yes...he does my taxes, but he was such a great guy. He was a true family man, it was a family business and he seemed to be a fun loving husband and devoted father. He was in his early 50's, died young. Just a reminder that tomorrow isn't promised to you and that you should treasure the relationships that mean the most to you while you can.

Related Posts with Thumbnails