Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday!

Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!

- Summer is just around the corner, I can feel it!

- Donald Trump is a jackass.

- I'm sorta mad that the White House released Pres. Obama's birth certificate - but let them keep digging. Now they want to see his Harvard transcripts. The more these idiots dig, the more they reveal what a brilliant man our President is. Not cool to have to show your "papers" in 2011.


- Check out Ox's take on the "Birther of a Nation."

- Now I have some RED HOT pumps to match my red hot lips, thanks to my bestie Val! She bought these amazing shoes that were just a tad too tight for her feet - but PERFECT for mine. So I bought them from her...and rocked them two days in a row. I got several compliments - owww!

- Speaking of shoes - what's with all this tagging of photos that appear to be shoe ads in my Facebook feed? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? They're always either some hood, glittery high heeled sneakers or Louboutins. What is that about?

- Cee Lo creeps me out a lil bit.

- "You're not my daddy!"

- What y'all know about "milkshakes of love?" LOL!

- How many women would be open to a coed passion party? Thinking of hosting one that would coincide with the NBA Finals...any real women out there who are TRUE basketball fans who are not afraid to show their inner freak to a bunch of dudes? :-)

- This morning's discussion on the radio centered around marriage, the question being: Is traditional marriage an archaic institution? Is marriage necessary? Do we marry for love anymore, or do we do it because of children, out of boredom, necessity, legal reasons....why do we get married?

- They also said the happiest marriages occur between people who cheat....and don't get caught. What say you?

- I'd write a blog about it, but I've never been married so not sure I qualify to speak on it :-)

- Our very own, very pregnant Serena Wills has a story published in the book "Keeping the Faith" edited by Vanessa Miller, an Essence Magazine Best Seller. "Listening Ear" is about her journey with her mother while she battled Ovarian Cancer. She's offering a special deal for Mother's Day! All orders placed before or on May 5th will receive an 8x10 Laminated Poem titled, "Abundant Love." Abundant Love is written for all mothers. This is a $10 value and she's offering it free with the purchase of a book. Go to http://divinewryte.blogspot.com/ to purchase the book today! I did, and it's awesome! Here is a snippet of the poem below:

Abundant Love

Her touch and embrace
As she wiped the tears from my face
Holding me tightly whispering, “It’s going to be okay”
Cleaning the dirt away from my scars
I remember those days
When Mama would make everything feel like brand new
Between cuts, scrapes, bruises on my skin from falling on my knees yet again
Mom has a tender touch as she told me to hold on tight
The sudden burn disappeared as Bactine was sprayed on my wound
In between sobs saying, thank you Mommy
Always wiping away the pain whether it was a scrape on my elbow
Or another love that didn’t go
In the direction that I thought it would be
Times when I couldn’t understand what was happening to me
Laughing now cause I was going through mere puberty
Causing her drama
But all mama could say was
Everything is going to be okay
Mothers have a way with words like no other
To this day I’m amazed of your strength and often wonder
How did we make it through...

If you live in the DMV (DC/MD/VA area) she can also drop a copy or two or how many you want to you directly. They are $10.00 each.

Remember this offer is only good until May 5th, 2011. Buy your copy and get a free 8x10 Laminated Poem today! Thank you in advance for your support!!!!! Visit her at http://divinewryte.blogspot.com/

- Jill Scott looks amazing on her new album cover!






- OutKast!



- Go

11 comments:

DMoe said...

First bitches!

The playlist is in conception.

Dmoe

Brooke said...

About damn time! LOL!


Glad you're back DMoe!

DMoe said...

Its been a while….I gotta get it off my mind…

Anthony David/Let me in.
Underplayed/largely slept on, this R&B vocalist brings his own brand perfectly.

Chris Brown/She aint you.
Anger management issues aside, the kid's got hits. Soaked in the sweat of SWV's hot-azz sample of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature", C-Breezy RE-samples the sample, and sings the story of the chick that's really great, but at the end of the day, she ain't "you".

DJ Flexx/Here we go (feat Jas funk)
You probably know him for the classic "water dance", but this go-go aficionado can get your weight up in the genre quick. This joint makes even the most unseasoned ass shake with an utterly infectious go-go beat. How they make the congo work in that rhythm like butter is indeed Go-go music's great mystery.

Gretchen Parlato/All that I can say.
When the mercury rises, I go through a latin music phase that's as predictable as T-Pain's autotune, but its sprung a lil different this time. With Latin flavor, Gretchen still delivers a sultry brand of pure, straight up jazz. But, she's got a lil something else….Don't believe me? Check this rendition of Mary J Blige's "All that I can say", its a tall glass of sweetness for a MJB hit that was "meh" in its own right. On her 3rd CD release "The lost and found", Parlato proves she's not only here, but here to stay.

Rosa Passos/Pardim
Again, Latin music does it for me. Now, what better way to say "X,Y, or Z" to that certain someone if its sung in Portuguese? They melt with the sweet Bossa sound, and you get to lick the icing. Win-Win. For fun, pop the lyrics into google and translate. What's not to love? You in there playa. That one was free.

Corinne Bailey Rae/Is this Love
CBR does Marley's classic more than justice, and takes it to a cool, laid back level. Good singer, great new twist.

Chaka Khan/You got the Love.
Chaka's got that "it" and this classic from the vault delivers a funky guitar riff laced with her signature sound. Sure, it sounds old, but its Chaka right?

Travis Barker/If you want to.
If your iPod's beggin' for a new hyped track while you struggle to hit that 45th sit-up, THIS is your joint. Its an upbeat knocker featuring lines from Lupe Fiasco with a sprinkle of Pharrell thrown in for flavor. Adrenaline sold separately.

Jeremih(feat 50 cent)/Down on me.
Not much to say here, but its a banger. Too much radio play, a lil auto-tuning and 50 cent? Yep, I'm ok with that. For now.

Marsha Ambrosius/I want you to stay.
The Floetry chicks are bad-azz. Period. 1/2 of the Floetry chicks releases a solo debut? Exact same result. Ambrosius' album is pretty high on the DMoe ballad-o-meter (copyright DMoe), but this mid-tempo groove is just right for any setting.

- Honorable mention track:

Clipse(feat Pharrell)/I'm Good.
Ladies, listen up: Your goin out with your girls and you just slipped on the fly 'fit. You know you shinin, and if you get any second thoughts about your hotness, Turn this joint up louder.
Meanwhile, fellas, wax the whip before you pick her up, check your watch as your arm's perched on the steering wheel with the standard head nod and BUMP to this.

There's enough swag in the 4 minutes and 21 secondsof this song for everybody. Enjoy yourself.

Stay thirsty my friends….

Dmoe

momo925 said...

cable companies should value their customers! why is it that they only want to give you a deal when you want to go to another provider?!! WACKNESS!

Donald Trump is a fool to the 10th power!

uuh I think I'll keep my inner freak to myself brooke. LOL I'm not bold!

I'm so ready to eat lunch! Then again I'm always ready to eat lol.

Brooke said...

apparently, Blogger is trippin and it's asking folks to sign in to leave a comment. My settings are correct, so not sure why this is happening. I'm trying to get it fixed!

Please save your comments in case I get this resolved, I want to see your comments! This sucks!

Brooke said...

Here are my comments: (from Annamaria via email) LOL!



1. I think I am coming down with something. I am achy & stuffy & my head hurts… L

2. Marriage works for some. I for one am happy with the thought of getting married & I can’t wait.

3. I have convinced everyone in my office to buy the slow cooker I have

4. I almost shanked one of my coworkers yesterday

5. My pastor sent me a random BBM yesterday asking if I’ve shanked anyone lately. LMAO

6. I live within walking distance to my mom’s house. She comes to visit me at work almost every day.. she’s adorable I love her.

7. WTH is up with this weather I am convinced the world is ending…

8. I’m also convinced it will rain on our wedding day…

9. MOMO is wack.. :)

10. Thank u Brookey for supporting my passion party business & our new offer! :)

Brooke said...

From Cable Guy via email:

1. Google sucks!
2. This is messing up my comments from my phone!
3. Jill Scott is HOT!
4. Playlist is DOPE DMoe!
5. Donald Trump is an ass wipe!
6. Obama shouldn't have done it.
7. Throwback is the joint!
8. I married because she was pregnant, so maybe I'm not qualified either. I do still believe in it though.
9. I'd still read a blog about marriage from you though Brooke - married or not.
10. Have the coed passion party so I can come! Basketball, women, and sex toys? I'm there!

Yolanda said...

Yolanda says...

-I forgot what day it was.

-I’m doing some freelance work for 2 weeks. Very happy about that. My little train is chugging along. One day, it’ll pull into a station with a full-time job!

-I’m trying to smile through some hardships.

-Insomnia kicked my tail last night. I woke up around 3 am in tears. I swear, sometimes I think myself out of a good night’s sleep.

-I have decided to let go of the “hope” of having a particular something/someone. I believe letting go will open the door for something better suited for me to come along. Make sense? I sure hope so!

-My Pandora is exquisite. I know that means I’ve almost hit my monthly quota.

-Donald Trump is so annoying. I still watch the Celeb Apprentice though. I feel strange as I watch it, but I still do.

-What am I going to do for Mother’s Day? I’m in the dumps about that, actually. My Mom is one of those “just take me to dinner” types and I’d like to do more. Le sigh.

-Dangit. I hate the desk with my back to the door.

-Ok, more later…maybe.

Serena W. said...

RTT!!!

What's up with the whack sign in!

Marsha Ambrosius/I want you to stay is my shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznit!

My friend Simone just gave me cute maternity tops (I mean cuuuuuuute)! Thanks girl!

My line sister had her son last Tuesday, I have 3 friends due next week! Wow!

Today I'm now 25 weeks pregnant! Yeah!

My son is something, I love him so much and he's not even here yet.

My sweetie came over for Easter and my entire family was there, we had a wonderful time. He's great!

Looking at names for boys...really?? Knut, Kraney, Hades are names in this book! Oy vey!!! Can we get real names please!

Visited one of my schools today for work and there is a sweet girl there but her name is Targete (yes you know how we say Target people but like Targete) that is her name.

Sigh...

Hi Momo!

Yolanda it will get better. It's hard to let go and let God...trust me I know, but we have to trust Him.

Brooke thanks for the plug on my Mother's Day Special.

I'm going to 2 baby showers this weekend (both ladies are due in June).

If you haven't noticed there is a gang of us that's preggers!

Eating some Juniors Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake with chocolate chips on the edge (delicious)!

Baby boy approves! He's jumping up and down in the belly lol.

I hope this google thing gets fixed :(

Brooke said...

I hope it gets fixed soon too - this is wack!

I never realized how many people just write their names in...oh well :-(

Google said they're trying to fix it - maybe we can try this again tomorrow.

Oh...and Brook with no "e" is always a good boy's name - I was named after a man...Brook Benton!

Serena W. said...

I think we should have a Random Thoughts Friday to make up for today! LOL!

Yeah we'll put that into the pool of names lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails