Thursday, May 5, 2011
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday and Feliz Cinco de Mayo! The mariachis were in full effect on the subway this morning!
- Speaking of Mexico, I want to go during Memorial weekend, but my money told me no :-(
- Why did my heat come on this morning? It needs to just be HOT already. Geesh!
- I hate straddling between winter boots and summer sandals. These flats ain't gettin' it.
- I'm off tomorrow so I can attend my dear friend Denice's wedding! Should be fabulous!
- Being pigeon toed looks like it hurts...or at the very least could be VERY uncomfortable.
- What IS comfortable are panties by The Gap. Love them, they're so soft!
- Every day, the same guy asks me for scripts for shows that air on History Channel or Lifetime. And every day I have to remind him that I work for A&E. This has been happening for like 3 months now...I wonder when he's gonna get it? It's starting to get on my damn nerves.
- If Time Warner raises my cable bill one more time, it's gonna be some furniture moving around here. I had to call them, tell them about themselves, and then get it lowered $30 while "encouraging" them give me extra premium channels for my trouble. The same song and dance every year - but it must be done. They trippin'.
- Meanwhile, I rarely even watch HBO or Showtime...go figure.
- I made the BOMB shrimp scampi last night....made you wanna slap your mama down!
- Anyone doing anything fun for that special mother in your life this weekend? Planning on taking mine (mother and sister) out to dinner, but I've run out of ideas for gifts. Any suggestions?
- Last year, my nephews made me a Mother's Day card, even though I'm not a mommy. They said, "Well, you're LIKE our mommy...and we love you." My heart exploded with happiness and pride. Those moments are priceless.
- Happy early Mother's Day to Annamaria...and now Serena! And if there are any other mothers (or LIKE mothers) out there, Happy Mother's Day to you too!
- Date night with Annamaria on Monday should be fun :-)
- I wrote a poem called "Red Lips" but it might be a bit too racy to share with the blog ;-)
- Where the hell is Ant?
- So nice when Facebook can reconnect you with old friends. I must say, the Syracuse University network is one big happy family...very proud of us. I bleed Orange!
- Getting a mani and possibly a pedi at lunch today!
- Forgot to sign up for spinning today, so I have to motivate myself on the freakin' elliptical machine. I'll be watching my Beyonce videos on my iPod so I can imagine myself looking like her. Her body, not her face. I like her face, but I like mine better :)
- Some people say they don't believe we really killed Osama bin Laden. What do you think?
- And if we did, then NO, I don't need to see the proof....no photos, videos, nothing. Not something to celebrate in that manner. If he ain't dead, he'll be making a mix tape next week.
- No matter what our President does, he can't please everyone. Eff 'em.
- Our First Lady is so fly! She works the Dougie :-) LOL!
- This week's throwback! You KNOW I was feelin' this - they bring out ALL the Philly in me :-)