Friday, May 27, 2011
I have a half a day today, so let's get it! I got this "Random 50 Questions" from my boy Jeff on Facebook, so thought it would be fun to do for the blog. Let's Go!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was named after my grandmother’s favorite singer – a Black man named Brook Benton. I would have been named Brooke whether I was a boy or a girl.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Watching Oprah’s finale on Wednesday.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Love it!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Maple Honey Roasted Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Not Yet – but several “play” children. Two nephews, a Godson and 6 “play” nieces and nephews.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Absofreakinlutely!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? To perfection sometimes. I’ve been told I have a slick mouf.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? HELL no.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K Vanilla Almond (or Honey Nut Cheerios with the kids)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Never
-WHAT HAPPENED TO #12? I dunno, ask Jeff Dorcely…I got this from him :-)
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Breyers Vanilla Bean or Cookies and Cream….or Dulce de Leche. I love ice cream!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If they’re smiling (and teeth) and their eyes.
15. RED OR PINK? Red (lips!) LOL!
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That I procrastinate.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST ? Cole, my cat.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Yes, I'd love to learn more about my friends.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Wearing a short black jersey dress and chocolate sandals
<----AGAIN...WITH #2O;...I should just come up with a couple extra questions myself to make it really be 50 questions. Maybe later.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My coworkers’ kids running around the office (get me outta here!)
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Hot Magenta
23. FAVORITE SMELL? The ocean, my nephews’ hair after a bath, Agua di Gio on a man, fresh cut flowers
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My coworker Nicole
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? He a’ight ;)
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football and Basketball
27. HAIR COLOR? Dark Brown
28. EYE COLOR? Dark Brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Brides Maids I think...at the theater. At home...Get Him to the Greek.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? See #19
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, definitely.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both – I give great hugs, but I love to kiss.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? My Strawberry Cheesecake
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Hard to say, it’s Friday, not sure who’s around on the blog today….Stef?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No idea.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Just got “Resurrecting Midnight” by Eric Jerome Dickey – will start that soon.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My nephew Kyce at a few months old.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Heat/Bulls game. Congrats to the Heat.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? My nephews cracking up, anything on my new iPod, when my cat used to snore lightly :-(
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Umm….Beatles I guess?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Japan – but I was born there – does that count? Okay, maybe L.A. :-)
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Some folks say I can write pretty well….all my other talents can’t be shared here ;-)
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Okinawa, Japan.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Craig’s.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? I’m not married.
49. IS THE CUP HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? Half full.
50. IF YOU COULD SIT DOWN TO DINNER WITH FIVE PEOPLE WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE? My maternal grandmother whom I’ve never met, (along with my mother and sister so we all could be together) Oprah, Barack & Michelle Obama.
BONUS QUESTIONS: Since there were technically only 48 questions, here are two more:
1. Would you adopt if you couldn't have children naturally? (me...yes)
2. What are you doing this Memorial Weekend? Whatever it is, please be safe and have fun! (going to Philly to do family stuff...first stop? Kung Fu Panda 2!)