Monday, March 22, 2010
I know it's not Random Thoughts Thursday, I know this...but I'm all over the place today.
The House of Representatives passed a sweeping overhaul of our health care system—a major victory for our President, and millions of Americans who want health care. We wanted change, we got it! The bill is far from perfect - and whether or not you agree with some of it, none of it, or all of it - this is history.
Congratulations to Annamaria (A-Buzz) and Austin (Powerz) on their engagement! Bust how he proposed...
He took Annamaria to see the play Platanos and Collard Greens (how apropos) for her "birthday." Afterwards, the playwright gets up to speak to the audience about the play and thank everyone for coming out, asking everyone to tell their friends to come see the play, blah blah blah. But then he says he has to give a birthday shoutout and asks if there is an Annamaria (insert last name) in the audience. Of course she's there, so he calls her to the stage to wish her a happy birthday. But oh no, it doesn't end there. He then tells her that there's someone who wants to say something to her. Powerz comes up on stage, gets down on one knee, and pops the question in front of a theater audience!! And we all know she said yes! Love, love, love that!
(men, are you taking notes?)
If there are any married men on here (and I know there are), tell us how you proposed to your wifey boo :-)
Anyway, congrats again to Annamaria and Austin!
Now that we got the happy stuff out the way, let's move on to some f*ckery shall we?
- Politicians spitting and yelling out racial slurs...what...the...f*ck. We elected these people? Really? There's a special place in hell for them. Send them all there with gasoline drawz on.
- Baby Killers? It's okay to kill them in war though right?...and we're funding THAT, and that's okay? Whatever.
- Should men have a say in abortion rights? That's a real question.
- What the hell is up with all these crazy jumpoffs? First all of Tiger's women done lost their damn minds putting out text messages all willy nilly. Now Jesse James' (Sandra Bullock's dirty, scruffy husband) side piece is posing with swastika's on her body, calling him her "vanilla gorilla." What the hell is wrong with these men and the women they choose to have as side "jawns?" (that's Philly slang). Unbelievable.
- I can't stand to hear Miley Cyrus speak. Her voice urks the sh*t outta me.
- Deebo is senile...I'm convinced :-)
- Someone needs to throw Elizabeth Hasselback off a cliff.
- Why does Tavis Smiley hate President Obama so much?
Okay...done with f*ckery...for now....
- I know everyone's brackets in the NCAA Tournament are all messed up. Kansas got knocked out! But my beloved Orangemen are still going strong...showing everyone how a REAL #1 seed does the damn thang! Go 'Cuse!
And finally, congrats to Serena who completed her marathon yesterday...running for cancer and in honor of her mother. She said she felt her mother's warmth emanating from the sun as she crossed the finish line, smiling down on her. I'm so proud of you Serena! You are my hero!
Okay...I think that's all I have for now...