"Start spreading the neeeewwwws....the Phillies SPANKED DAT ASS!"
Go Phillies! YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!
Woo...now that we got THAT out of the way... :-)
- I can't say it enough - Go see the Michael Jackson movie This Is It! I was transfixed from the moment he appeared on screen. I felt like I went to a concert last night! But more than that, I felt like I got to see a side of Michael that few are privy to. He was easy-going, yet a perfectionist, and commanded respect in the most humble way. The whole movie was a rehearsal, yet you felt like even with the lower production levels, dancers in sweats and MJ going through the motions that it was still something to behold. Like Rameer said, MJ was SICK. His 10% effort is another entertainer's 100%. I couldn't take my eyes off him - the entire audience was dancing and singing and cheering. I have to see it again...on IMAX!...and I have to take my nephew Kyce to see it. I'm sure it'll be an unforgettable experience that he'll cherish forever. I know I will. I still can't believe he's gone, but I feel like I got a chance to see him perform one more time in the days leading up to his passing. A must-see!...and make sure you stay past the credits!
- This was the hotness!
They all KILLED IT!!
- Female MC's...what ever happened to them?
Oh...that's right...they have anger management issues. SMH.
And just because...
"Ursher" is about to be single again...awww shucks! We already know he likes 'em a lil older, so watch out!
- Anyone wanna buy a Yankee Candle for Kyce's fundraiser? They're great, I burn them all the time - one of my favorite things! Hit me before tomorrow! Thanks for your support!
- Go see Precious next week...good film.
- I'm sure many of you have heard about this, but in case you haven't: Heather Ellis is a young college student in Kennett, MO who now faces 15 years in prison for cutting in line at a Walmart. To find out more about this case, please visit TheHeatherEllisCase.com. Pure fuckery.
- My candy jar is just about empty, but after I take Kyce and Ibrahim trick-or-treating this weekend, I'm sure it'll be full again on Monday!
- Is anyone dressing up for Halloween? If so, as what?
- Would it be wrong if a posted a pic of DMoe dressed as Easy E on my blog? :-)
- Sunday it'll be November...can't believe it. Don't forget to turn your clocks back!
- It's gonna be a straight Philly vs. New York weekend. The Phillies play the Yanks (tonight) Saturday and Sunday, Sixers play the Knicks on Saturday, and the Eagles play the Giants on Sunday! Love it!
Over the years, I've been blessed to have spent time with, befriend, love, learn from and share experiences with people who have helped me grow and inspire me everyday. They have shared words of wisdom, strengthened me with encouragement, gave me joy with a smile, comforted me with a hug, gave clarity to my visions and dreams and renewed my spirit with faith. It is through family and friends that I manage to be happy and hopeful.
These relationships work because we share our philosophies, our personal truths and an outlook that prompts us to seek something greater in all and in ourselves. Sharing a journey heartedly illuminates our lives and enriches our experiences. It keeps us moving....always evolving....ever changing.
I have been transformed by the wisdom, opinions, insights and revelations of those who have shared their journey with me. It's a blessing I long to share with you through my first ever blog. For me, writing is a reflection of my own direct experience and I look forward to all of you sharing your thoughts and experiences with me.
So...with that said....can I just say.....??? :-)