Monday, October 5, 2009
Happy Monday everyone!
They've been working me to death since I got in! Sorry for the delay, but hey - better late than never right?...maybe? :)
First things first - Happy Birthday to the best sister in the world! MY SISTER! I love you Nicole - my life is blessed because you are in it!
So yes, I'm still swooning after my wonderful weekend. For those of you who are not my friends on Facebook, you missed my status updates telling everyone how much I had a great time at the Maxwell concert Saturday night with my mom. While I wasn't quite close enough to throw my panties on the stage, trust me when I tell you - I thought about it :) Good thing Ma Dukes was with me to keep me sane, otherwise I might have tried it. I have a good arm...they just might have made it to the stage :)
Celebrity crushes should usually end by age 18, if not sooner. But some celebrity crushes have managed to creep up on me well into my adulthood. Maxwell is definitely one of them. I mean...I'd have his baby - a whole GANG of his snotty nosed, rusty behind chi'rens! I realize this may mean I have to share him with Yolanda, but so be it. That man just moves me - and I'm not alone in my shame :)
But Maxwell isn't the only man that moves me when it comes to celebrities. Since my head is still in the clouds, I'll give you a list of my celebrity crushes - past and present.
- My first crush - and one that continues to this day - was Michael Jackson. He moonwalked into my heart at the age of 10 as he performed on the Motown 25th Anniversary Special. I've been in love ever since...and my heart still misses him.
- Ralph Tresvant. I know, I know...not cool now. But back THEN? Man listen. Childhood crushes are usually void of the gaydar response, so his fruity singing voice and jheri curl didn't come off as "sissy" to me - just cool! But then again, their voices were changing since they were kids themselves..so give me a pass :)
- Theo Huxtable aka Malcom Jamal Warner. Now, I put Theo instead of MJW because I didn't actually have a crush on MJW - I was in love with the CHARACTER Theo. I could separate the two back then...and I can now. Malcom Jamal Warner is SO NOT sexy to me on his own - and definitely not as an adult. But Theo was adorable!
- Will Smith. Now, he's yummy as a young'n AND as an adult - but in totally different ways. I adored his goofiness as a kid, but I LOVE his sexy as a grown ass man - big ears and all!
- Denzel Washington. I love all his movies and think he's a wonderful actor - but I never really looked at him in that way until I met him after his performance on Broadway in Julius Caesar. He smiled at me, wrapped his arm around me to snap a pic - and I was in love. Just like that.
I could name a bunch more in the way of professional athletes, but we'd be here all day. Muscles and tight booties just do something to me!
There are a few white boys who "could get it" - not many...but a few. They are:
- Clive Owen. I think I just love to hear him speak.
- Gilles Marini. I thought he was cute in the Sex & The City movie, but he stole my heart on Dancing with the Stars...with his sexy French self! And he can really dance too!
Honorable mentions go to Heath Ledger (sexy ass crazy Joker!) and Ashton Kutcher!
Celebrity Girl Crushes
These are not necessarily crushes, but women that I'm friends with "in my head."
- Oprah. Goes without saying. Hate on her if you want to, but I'm sure being her friend comes with A LOT of perks!
And my all time favorite couple to crush on! Barack and Michelle Obama!