Thursday, October 22, 2009
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
How did it get to be October 22nd already?? Geesh! Oh! And Happy Birthday to my co-worker and friend Kimberly Williams! Kim, these two clips are for you!
And the HOT ish!
I can watch that over and over again - his "Bank Head Bounce" was sick! I still can't believe he's gone. Happy Birthday Kim!
- Is it bad that I woke up thinking about lunch? I cooked my lunch this morning and I already don't want it. That's a shame.
- Everyone in my department has been talking SO LOUD this morning...or just plain yelling. It's like they ALL have a hearing problem or something. I wish I could get away with putting my earphones on so I can drown them out! Or just go, "Shhhhhhh!!!!!"
- My candy jar was practically overflowing on Monday, now the sh*t is almost empty. These damn people take like 3-4 pieces at a time...and come back like 3 times during the day. That's it, I'm locking it up. No more candy til they start puttin' a dollar on it or sumptin!
- This guy on the train told me I had a nice complexion. I told him he did too and he looked shocked! When I asked if no one had ever told him that before, he said, "No, because I'm dark skinned." Huh? I explained to him that having a nice complexion has nothing to do with light or dark. A nice complexion is one that is blemish free, even toned, smooth texture...that sorta thing. You'd think I just cracked the Davinci Code or explained the Pythagorean Theorem. He said I made his day. Our issues with being color-struck still amaze me sometimes.
- Also on the train last week, I sat next to an Asian woman who was speaking German to her friend. I had never heard an Asian person speaking German, so I asked her if that was her native tongue. She said yes, and also said she spoke 6 other languages. Her name? Svetlana Han. I thought that sh*t was HOT! I'd love to be able to say I speak THREE languages, let alone SEVEN!
- I listened to The Deele, Kevon Edmonds, Donny Hathaway, Brownstone, Corrine Bailey Rae and Brian McKnight on my iPod this morning. Can't wait to read DMoe's playlist today to see if his songs are on the iPod he downloaded for me. I've had it on shuffle since he gave it to me so I can be pleasantly surprised on my commute to work.
- Coach keeps tempting me with 25% off "special invitations." Mine ends Sunday...what will I do?? I'll behave...that's what.
- Check out my friend Princess' blog!
- Please stop sending me Mafia Wars stuff on Facebook. I have no idea what it means or how to play. I wish I did, but I don't. Sorry!
- I literally spent an hour at work one day this week on the Witches Brew blog – I’m addicted!
- Read an article yesterday on the movie Precious – seems like it’s going to be a gut-wrenching film. I may attend a screening tonight - I hope my rsvp went through! In case you haven't seen the trailer:
- Don’t ask me cuz you already know the answer….Go Phils!!! I like the Yankees - a lot actually - but Phillies all the way!