Friday, December 26, 2008

What's On Your Mind?

Happy Day-After-Christmas Friday!

I'm still feeling the spirit of Christmas! I had the best day with my family yesterday, especially my nephews. Those boys are my heart's joy! I love love love love love them!

Since we didn't have Random Thoughts Thursday yesterday, we can have "Tell Me What's on Your Mind" Friday :-) I don't know how many of you are around - you all may still be recovering from yesterday, out shopping or returning gifts, or just chillin' (hopefully not working) - but if you're around, feel free to post what's on your mind.

On my mind this morning? My sadness at the loss of one of our greatest, most distinctive entertainment icons. With her suggestive, raspy voice, she brought an exotic sensuality and feline verve to all her performances. Called home at the age of 81, this remarkable singer, dancer, actress and self-professed "sex-kitten," will be sorely missed - Ms. Eartha Kitt.



Love her!

What else is on my mind...??? Hmmmm...let's see....

- my nephews have discovered farting in the bathtub....nice.
- I wish my hair was braided up right now. If I could find a decent place in Philly to do it, I would. I just want to shave it all off!
- I have to go to the mall today to return/exchange stuff and I SO don't feel like it!
- Rameer, you can't "out-poke" me!
- I hope the Eagles THRASH the Cowboys this weekend...playoffs or no playoffs.
- ...oh, and Rameer, I still have on my green McNabb jersey...jus sayin' :-)
- I learned how to make Indonesian shrimp fried rice! So tasty!
- Now I need to buy a rice cooker.
- Let's see if I make it to Ballys sometime this weekend.
- I have so many movies to see - 7 Pounds, Milk, the list goes on!
- Thank you to everyone who called or texted me Merry Christmas yesterday!

Okay, that's it. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

-b

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. First
2. I had a wonderful Christmas & gave my parents the best present!!!! LOL I told them about there new grandbaby!!! lol
3. I apparently have Amandaitis cause I am numbering all of these..LOL

Brooke said...

LOL!!

Congrats! I've been waiting for you to say something on the blog so I could be all giddy for you! I know they were ecstatic!

Anonymous said...

YES they were!!! My mother is already planning my shower, her taking the baby on vacation, etc etc... My dad already has about 20 things he wants to do with the baby! lol...

Brooke said...

awwww, that's so great! Don't forget what I told you, "Brooke" Williams is a beautiful name :-) LOL!

Anonymous said...

-My living room looks like Santa's workshop exploded..and I don't care. I'm gonna sit here and watch Eagle Eye in my PJs and drink egg nog

-oh wait..I wanted to go to Macy's today...hmmm...

-my sister told me Ralph Lauren is having an extra 30% off sale today which means some stuff will be 70% off list. Why am I thinking of shopping when I'm broke...and watching Eagle Eye?

-I hope Shia LaBeouf is the next Matt Damon and not the next Ben Affleck..even if Ben's directorial debut was good.

-This Ghostface Killah greatest hits CD "GhostDeini the Great" is my new official car banger.

- Eagles over dem 'Boys cuz #5 is the homie, but The Giants are forever the squad

- Congrats Annamaria

- Many thanks and RIP Eartha Kitt. Not only a great talent, but she made that "no panties" thing a phenomenon for a minute;-)

Brooke said...

Dre, stay your butt in the house and relax! Watch your movie and chill :)

I used to love saying "I don't have any panties on" - even when I did, just to get the reaction :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dre...Brooke YOU ARE A TRIP!!! I think I want to try that! lol...

Brooke said...

I think you can only get away with that for like another 2-3 months, then you better not go around saying that!

Anonymous said...

I better not try to say that now.. Austin would kill me if I tried that crap while carrying his baby! lol... OH WELL... I guess I'll continue eating..LOL..

Brooke said...

yeah, I don't wanna see you get all choked up....literally :-) And your skinny butt could stand to eat a sandwich or two! LOL!

Anonymous said...

GIRL I'm pregnant.. I definitely eat more than a sandwich or two these days..LOL
As a matter of fact I am counting down the minutes til I leave because my mommy is coming to my house to cook dinner... I'M IN HEAVEN!!! :)

Brooke said...

aww, that's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Movies I recommend:

Gran Torino- Eastwood rocks

Cadillac Records- Jeffrey Wright, Columbis Short and Beyonce all did great jobs..

Seven Pounds- sad movie, but good acting..

Brooke said...

I did see Cadillac Records and I agree. I have an invitation to see Gran Torino when I return to NY, supposed to see that on 1/7. I heard 7 Pounds was sad and that I should plan something fun after seeing it so that I won't be in a funk all day :-) Thanks for the suggestions!

Anonymous said...

My mom loved all her gifts especially the tix to see Alvin Ailey. I'm at work and I feel like Kunta. My Bday is Monday and my party is saturday, Brookey i wish u could be here.

Brooke said...

Where is your party going to be? You didn't tell me about any party :-(

Anonymous said...

congrats Annamaria and I personally like the name Nicole.....

Any who.....my back is killing me....that's what I get for cleaning out the basement storage area....

I wonder is my husband would get me a maid....If we were in Morocco it would be a done deal...(maids over there are only $10 a day, and they do everything).....

Why is Brahim being a smarty pants today?....He cray cray.......

I need to go to the mall with Brooke but I'm feeling lazy......

Kyce is dying to go out.....


Hope everyone had a great holiday....now on to New Years......

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I can, will and have outpoked u already, Ms. Dean. Accept your L's like a big girl.

And it's funny...I'm actually wearing my McNabb jersey 2day as well. What a coinky-dink...

POKE!!!

- Ram!

Brooke said...

You will NEVER out-poke me, EVER!

Anonymous said...

I know it's Monday & no one is even looking at this anymore but here is random:

Brooke & Nicole...I presented both names & they were vetoed! sorry

AND WHY AM I GUZZLING CREAM SODA WHEN 2 months ago I HATED cream soda??? WTF?

Brooke said...

He didn't like those names? Buffoonery! oh well, guess it is YOUR kid so you can name it what you want :-)

Cream soda? yuk! :-)

Rene The Harlemite said...

Happy Holidays to all....Been on Cyber Holidays as well.


Congrats Annamaria!

All I have been doing is catching up with people eating, drinking and getting focused for 2009.

Related Posts with Thumbnails