Wednesday, December 17, 2008
As promised, today's blog will be about Great Gift Ideas for under $50. I had an overwhelming response to this one, so let's get right to it! Responses I received in no particular order:
* Lotions & body washes from Bath & Body Works. Different cd’s or dvd’s. Movie tickets. A book. - Leesa
* This year since I’ll definitely be cutting back, I’m giving my brothers and sisters in law joint gifts - A $50 gift certificate to their favorite restaurant. It might not pay for the whole meal, but it will inspire them to go on a date. Plus you technically paid $25 each..lol! Gas cards (probably better idea when gas was like $1000 a gallon) but still useful! Lol - Annamaria.
* The Dark Knight DVD, The Secret (Book or DVD), soaps or items from Carol’s Daughter, A bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, a nice coffee table book, a gift card to Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, or a store of preference, a nice cologne or perfume, a massage, manicure and/or pedicure gift certificate. - Rene
* 1) A beautiful framed picture of you and that person. 2) Go to www.givecoupons.com -Love this site! Brooke put me on and I think it's a really cool concept :-) 3) A gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure :-) 4) Netflix for a month :-) 5) For a writer: A beautiful leather journal in their favorite color. 6) For a reader: A good book or a gift certificate to a book store. 7) Gift certificate to the movies. 8) A DVD movie directed by their favorite Director or starring their favorite actor. 9 )Make a really fly playlist for them and put it on a CD. 10) A Devotional Bible. - Amanda (these were numbered, so you know they came from her) LOL!
* There's plenty of great finds out there under $50. Personally speaking, I purchased a luggage locator as a gift ($19.99), an electronic gadget available at Macys or Bed,Bath & Beyond. At Pier 1 Imports, they have great gifts for under $20 (picture frames, sachet pouches for your dresser drawers, nice candle sets). At Bath & Body Works, they already have 50% off select items. Also check out the Holiday Flea Markets in Grand Central Terminal and Bryant Park. - Crystal
* I don't have a shopping tip under 50 bucks, but I do have a website that gives you MONEY BACK everytime you shop with partner stores. It's called MrRebates.com and you go there, search for the item or store, then click the link and it opens the page in a new window. Mr. Rebates tracks the purchase and gives you a percentage back (a rebate). Once you've shopped enough, they cut you a check for all your rebates and mail it in about a week. I've earned $60 so far! Hope this helps! - Yolanda
And some of my suggestions:
- A Yankee Candle - I love them and burn them all the time!
- In this economy - business card holders!
- A magazine subscription - a gift that keeps on giving the entire year.
- Tickets to a Knicks game (or basketball team of your choice) if the person likes basketball. (some tickets run as low as $10 for a decent seat)
- Suze Orman's "2009 Action Plan." Let's get our money right for '09!
- Cook or bake someone your specialty.
- Make a donation to their favorite charity in their name.
Feel free to give more suggestions!
Be careful in the snow today. Have a great weekend everyone!