Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Happy Hump Day!
In the spirit of "Humping," I thought I'd keep it light and fun today and ask all of you to name your favorite songs to get busy to. But here's the catch - you have to name 5 songs to "make love" to...and 5 songs to "f*ck" to.
Now, if you're confused about the difference between making love and having sex (straight bonin'), then I'll break down the difference to you in one simple word:
Now, I'm not saying one is better than the other. Sometimes we want it to be slow and sensual and tender. Other times, we want you to pull our hair and spank us from the back! Making love is inclusive of both of you and mutual pleasure, whereas sex with no intimacy is simply a physical, individual act - just to get your rocks off. But whether you want to be caressed, or have your back blown out - there's a song for either mood :)
Brookey's Top 10 songs to Make Love To:
This list was hard to do, because I think there are so many great love songs out there that capture the art of love-making - but here are a few that come to mind instantly:
1. Adore - Prince. Nuff Said.
2. Anything by Luther Vandross could be a love making song - but my favorite would have to be "Superstar" or "If Only For One Night."
3. Between the Sheets - The Isley Brothers
4. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
5. Say Yes - Floetry
6. Cherish the Day - Sade
7. You - Jesse Powell
8. Whenever, Wherever, Whatever (BONUS: Spanish version) - Maxwell
9. Lyzel in E Flat - Jill Scott
10. Two Occasions - The Deele
Honorable mentions go to "Candlelight and You" (Chante Moore), "For You" (Kenny Latimore) and "No Ordinary Love" (Sade).
Brookey's Top 10 Songs to F*ck To:
1. Do Me Baby - Prince
2. Darling Nikki - Prince
3. Bump and Grind - R. Kelley
4. Sex Me - R. Kelley
5. Come Inside - Intro
6. Mirror - NeYo
7. Any Time, Any Place - Janet Jackson
8. Love in This Club - Usher featuring Beyonce
9. Doin' It - L.L. Cool J
10. Freak Me Baby - Silk
Honorable mentions go to "All I Need" (MJB & Method Man), "Have a Baby By Me" (50) and maybe "Rock the Boat" (Aaliyah).
Now, these are just songs that I came up with on the fly - but I'm sure my list could use some help - so let's hear it!