Thursday, November 5, 2009
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- Congrats to the NY Yankees on winning the World Series. And thanks to the Phillies for a great season, you're still my team! Maybe next year!
- I won't be lacing Annamaria's cheesecake since she's the ONLY NY'er who showed great sportsmanship during the series.
- The woman who sits next to me put like...a GAZILLION..."baby" Tootsie Rolls in my candy jar, and they're covering up the "good" candy. Everyone is now trying to dig past it to get to the Snickers and Reeses Cups, but I can tell they're getting tired of doing that...so it's keeping people from going into the candy jar as much and taking more than one piece. I should have thought of that months ago!
- A woman in my department is a self-admitted narcissist and brags about it. Only a narcissist would do that...and think that's a good thing.
- Another woman in my department keeps saying “synopsises” instead of "synopses." It drives me nuts. I try to find a way to repeat it in a sentence after her so she can hear the correct way to pronounce it, but she still doesn’t get it. I’ve given up. How does “synopsises” even SOUND correct to her?
- People shouldn’t be allowed to smoke ON EARTH. Like…EVER! I can’t stand inhaling second hand smoke or walking through a cloud of it just to get in the building!
- I got a friend request on Facebook from a woman who works in HR – should I accept? That always makes me nervous :-)
- I need to start bringing my lunch more - I'm spending WAY too much money on lunch. The problem is I never have a taste for what I bring the next day, so I wind up buying what I REALLY want anyway. It's a vicious cycle! Maybe I just need to learn to cook more interesting dishes :-(
- Now whenever someone is coughing near me or blowing their nose, I think they have the swine flu. But I'm afraid of getting the vaccine, so I just try to hold my breath as long as possible :-)
- I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving - one my favorite holidays!
- I hate that it's dark out so early. I feel like I'm getting the winter blues already.
- That Cleveland rapist story is so disturbingly insane, it sends chills down my spine. Ten bodies!!?? Wow.
- In case you missed any of the Rihanna interview, here is some of it.
I'm sure Breezy will be making the rounds again after all is said and done...like this MTV interview for example:
I. just. can't. stand. to. hear. him. speak. like. he. never. learned. how. to. co. mu. ni. cate. :-)
- Going to see 2012 next week - scary.
- Do you think they show the trailer for Avatar enough? :) Looks cool though!