And Happy "Earf" Day...as my nephew Kyce calls it. That's "Earth" for those of you who didn't get it. :-)
- RIP Guru and Dr. Dorothy Height. Legends.
- Speaking of Guru, what is Solar's deal? Crazy suspect.
- And speaking of REAL hip hop, check Serena's poem "Ode to Hip Hop" - hot!
- So Donovan wants T.O. to come to the Redskins huh? Interesting...I'd watch that. T.O. is a hot mess, though...and I wasn't a fan of his when he was in Philly (although he was doing some work.) That man has issues.
- Speaking of issues - did you all hear about the Phillies' fan who THREW UP on a guy and his 11-year old daughter at a Phillies' game?
I was grossed out for a long while after hearing that story. And I'd probably be in that jail in the Linc, cuz he'd have caught a beatdown if he had done that to me AND my child. You'd think spitting on a person would be the worst thing someone could do, but vomit?? Yeah, there would be all kinds of crazy unleashed on dat ass. What the hell is wrong with people??
- While we're talking about sports, is a 6 game suspension enough for Big Ben? I mean, the rape charges were dropped and all...but still.
- My trainer is a PIMP. He has several...uh..."girlfriends." :-)
- Work has been kicking my ass for a week now. I actually look forward to leaving to go to the gym.
- Monica sent me the link to Ciara's new video "Ride." I see Witches' Brew posted it as well.
Not sure what I think about it as far as its entertainment value - not completely sold on the song - but sex sells. And I can't hate - CiCi's body is sick! If I had moves like that, I might not be single ;-) Geesh! 50 is probably goin crazy!
- I need to post that video on my trainer's FB page - give him a challenge...something for me to work towards :-)
- Every time I see Ciara, I miss Aaliyah that much more.
- Finally, here are some pics from Annamaria and Austin's Engagement Party. Good times!
Over the years, I've been blessed to have spent time with, befriend, love, learn from and share experiences with people who have helped me grow and inspire me everyday. They have shared words of wisdom, strengthened me with encouragement, gave me joy with a smile, comforted me with a hug, gave clarity to my visions and dreams and renewed my spirit with faith. It is through family and friends that I manage to be happy and hopeful.
These relationships work because we share our philosophies, our personal truths and an outlook that prompts us to seek something greater in all and in ourselves. Sharing a journey heartedly illuminates our lives and enriches our experiences. It keeps us moving....always evolving....ever changing.
I have been transformed by the wisdom, opinions, insights and revelations of those who have shared their journey with me. It's a blessing I long to share with you through my first ever blog. For me, writing is a reflection of my own direct experience and I look forward to all of you sharing your thoughts and experiences with me.
So...with that said....can I just say.....??? :-)