Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Happy Hump Day!
So, if you were listening to Hot97 this morning, maybe you heard the "He Said, She Said" feature they do daily. Today's dilemma was something along the lines of a woman feeling like she should only have sex when she wants to - and if he wants to and she doesn't...then oh well. He said he felt like it was her "obligation" to satisfy him since he's her man. She feels that since she's the "breadwinner," she don't have to do SHIZNIT of she doesn't feel like it!
But does one have to do with the other? I don't think so.
I think the bigger question is: are you obligated to satisfy your partner at all times, even if you have a headache, Aunt Flo is in town, or if you're just plain tired?
Now, I don't think this would even be a question for me...or an issue. It's very rare that I'm not in the mood, and if I'm not...it doesn't take much to GET me in the mood. But if you're with someone who has a very different sex drive than you do, this can be a problem.
So, while you all tell me if you are OBLIGATED to satisfy your partner sexually, I'll list some benefits to having sex....even when you don't want to.
1. If you have sex at least twice a week you will look at least 5 years younger. This has been discovered by English researchers who compared couples who have sex regularly and couples of the same age who prefer sexual abstinence. Couples having regular sex looked much younger than their actual age, while those who opposed sex looked their age at best. There is just one disclaimer though: in order for the body and soul to be young you should have sex with a regular sex partner who you care about rather than sleeping around.
2. Exercising in bed is a pleasant alternative to exhausting exercise in the gym. There has been a study done proving that 26 minutes of having sex with climaxing at the end burns all the calories you consume by eating an entire pizza! The study even said the simple jaw exercise of unhooking a woman's bra with your teeth burns 86 kilocalories right away. Imagine how many calories you burn doing "other" jaw exercises ;-)
3. Hormones serotonin and oxytocin produced during orgasm help get rid of insomnia. Both of these hormones have a relaxation effect and serve as a great sleeping pill. This explains why the moans of ecstasy and bliss are quickly replaced with the steady breathing of sleep.
4. Unfortunately, with age, men hesitate to have sex, which is too bad since regular sex life actually helps men to maintain potency, stay in good shape and have a good mood.
5. Bad mood is also a reason to have sex. During sexual intercourse, endorphin is produced - which is the hormone that stimulates good moods and optimistic perception of the surrounding world. That is the reason why sex relieves stress and improves your mood. Endorphins' effects are multiplied by the hormones serotonin, cortisol and dopamine, which actively fight depression and cause the after-sex euphoria.
6. The skin of sexually active women is smooth and silky. A regular sex life increases the production of collagen protein, which is the element that improves the skin metabolism, moisturizes the skin, and makes its surface smooth and soft. You are unlikely to see the face of a sexually active woman covered in pimples...so I'd do it for that reason alone :-)
7. It turns out that women that enjoy giving oral sex have easier and more enjoyable pregnancies than those women who prefer traditional means of lovemaking. There has been an experiment performed by Australian scientists on a hundred women - the results of which were that regular intimate relationships before pregnancy - and especially oral sex - help a woman's immune system get used to the partner's sperm. Most inconveniences during the nine months of expecting are caused by the struggle of the mother's immune system with the foreign body or fetus. However, if the husband and wife's bodies "communicated" a lot on the sexual oral level, the woman's body is more likely to accept the new "guest" without causing any issues. Sounds like a man came up with these results if you ask me ;-)
8. Male hormone pheromones normalize the woman's hormonal balance. A weekly portion of this substance eliminates any menstrual cycle abnormalities. Hmm...do I believe that? maybe....
9. Out of all the known sedatives sex is the most pleasant and healthy. During the climax, the tensed muscles contract intensively which leads to absolute relaxation. During this time, the person not only completely relaxes physically...but also mentally. This is exactly the reason why people who have satisfying sex lives are more friendly and content than those who avoid the pleasures of sex. Now THAT makes perfect sense to me :)
10. Sex with the person you love is a great medicine against migraines. It definitely helps American women according to a study conducted by Illinois scientists on 50 sexually active women suffering from migraines. Every fourth of them had a noticeable reduction of a headache after each sexual encounter, and every eighth woman had a headache go away completely. I get migraines, so I need to have sex for no other reason than to get rid of them!
11. Sex is the best prevention of prostate inflammation and cancer, both of which lead to a decline of male's sexual abilities. Regular ejaculation for a man is not only the pleasurable moment of orgasm, but also the emptying of the prostate gland, which is the required condition for its health.
12. A passionate and sensual woman who has sex often is very likely to have an ideal flat stomach - which is no wonder since the movement of the penis inside the vagina and the muscle contractions at the moment of orgasm are a great exercise for your abdomen. Strong pelvic muscles not only keep your abs in great shape, but also your back. Therefore "exercising" in bed replaces any diets. And here I am killing myself in the gym with Deebo!
13. Sex is a great stimulant of the immune system. Those who have sex once or twice a week have 30% more immune cells produced than those who are sexually passive, hence the conclusion that sex can protect against getting sick.
14. Regular sex is a good exercise for a heart muscle, therefore reducing heart diseases.
15. According to British scientists, sexually active people live much longer than sexually lazy ones. There is another observation they made - those who have a good sexual appetite and are married also live longer, and being married is an obligatory requirement for longevity of the same importance as sex. I knew there had to be a loophole :-)
So, all that being said...is sex still an "obligation?" What are y'all doing tonight? ;-)