Friday, April 29, 2011
I was asked to do Random Thoughts Friday since Blogger was trippin' yesterday. Let's see if it's fixed today.
- I think weddings are lovely, and I wish everyone happiness - but am I the only one who could give 2 sh*ts about the Royal Wedding? Tax payers paid for that? Is that cool or is that how it's supposed to be? I guess I just don't see the point of royalty, a monarch and how they can be celebrities...but then again, maybe it's just a British thing.
- What I DO find ridiculous is that the Royal Wedding still got more coverage than the tornadoes that ripped through the South and devastated so many people's lives....especially in Alabama. My heart goes out to those who were affected or who had love ones that were hurt or killed. We're in a state of emergency down there, but all I keep hearing about his how nice Kate's dress was.
- Do I sound bitter this morning? :-) #justdon'tunderstandit
- Beautiful day today, but my allergies are acting up! I didn't develop allergies until I turned 30, and since then, I can go a year or two without them, and then they pop up again. Today, they're popping up again....really badly. And they only affect the right side of my face...so I have ONE eye watering and ONE nostril itching. I look crazy right now.
- If you missed this yesterday, here it is again!
Our very own, very pregnant Serena Wills has a story published in the book "Keeping the Faith" edited by Vanessa Miller, an Essence Magazine Best Seller. "Listening Ear" is about her journey with her mother while she battled Ovarian Cancer. She's offering a special deal for Mother's Day! All orders placed before or on May 5th will receive an 8x10 Laminated Poem titled, "Abundant Love." Abundant Love is written for all mothers. This is a $10 value and she's offering it free with the purchase of a book. Go to http://divinewryte.blogspot.com/ to purchase the book today! I did, and it's awesome!
Here is a snippet of the poem below:
Her touch and embrace
As she wiped the tears from my face
Holding me tightly whispering, “It’s going to be okay”
Cleaning the dirt away from my scars
I remember those days
When Mama would make everything feel like brand new
Between cuts, scrapes, bruises on my skin from falling on my knees yet again
Mom has a tender touch as she told me to hold on tight
The sudden burn disappeared as Bactine was sprayed on my wound
In between sobs saying, thank you Mommy
Always wiping away the pain whether it was a scrape on my elbow
Or another love that didn’t go
In the direction that I thought it would be
Times when I couldn’t understand what was happening to me
Laughing now cause I was going through mere puberty
Causing her drama
But all mama could say was
Everything is going to be okay
Mothers have a way with words like no other
To this day I’m amazed of your strength and often wonder
How did we make it through...
If you live in the DMV (DC/MD/VA area), she can also drop a copy or two or how many you want to you directly. They are $10.00 each.
Remember this offer is only good until May 5th, 2011. Buy your copy and get a free 8x10 Laminated Poem today! I did and it's awesome! Thank you in advance for your support!!!!!
Again visit her at http://divinewryte.blogspot.com/
- These two women were chatting near me on the train this morning and I almost passed out. One word for both of them: Listerine.
- I could go for a nice peanut butter and jelly sandwich right about now.
- What are everyone's plans this weekend? Anything fun?