Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- Summer is just around the corner, I can feel it!
- Donald Trump is a jackass.
- I'm sorta mad that the White House released Pres. Obama's birth certificate - but let them keep digging. Now they want to see his Harvard transcripts. The more these idiots dig, the more they reveal what a brilliant man our President is. Not cool to have to show your "papers" in 2011.
- Check out Ox's take on the "Birther of a Nation."
- Now I have some RED HOT pumps to match my red hot lips, thanks to my bestie Val! She bought these amazing shoes that were just a tad too tight for her feet - but PERFECT for mine. So I bought them from her...and rocked them two days in a row. I got several compliments - owww!
- Speaking of shoes - what's with all this tagging of photos that appear to be shoe ads in my Facebook feed? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? They're always either some hood, glittery high heeled sneakers or Louboutins. What is that about?
- Cee Lo creeps me out a lil bit.
- "You're not my daddy!"
- What y'all know about "milkshakes of love?" LOL!
- How many women would be open to a coed passion party? Thinking of hosting one that would coincide with the NBA Finals...any real women out there who are TRUE basketball fans who are not afraid to show their inner freak to a bunch of dudes? :-)
- This morning's discussion on the radio centered around marriage, the question being: Is traditional marriage an archaic institution? Is marriage necessary? Do we marry for love anymore, or do we do it because of children, out of boredom, necessity, legal reasons....why do we get married?
- They also said the happiest marriages occur between people who cheat....and don't get caught. What say you?
- I'd write a blog about it, but I've never been married so not sure I qualify to speak on it :-)
- Our very own, very pregnant Serena Wills has a story published in the book "Keeping the Faith" edited by Vanessa Miller, an Essence Magazine Best Seller. "Listening Ear" is about her journey with her mother while she battled Ovarian Cancer. She's offering a special deal for Mother's Day! All orders placed before or on May 5th will receive an 8x10 Laminated Poem titled, "Abundant Love." Abundant Love is written for all mothers. This is a $10 value and she's offering it free with the purchase of a book. Go to http://divinewryte.blogspot.com/ to purchase the book today! I did, and it's awesome! Here is a snippet of the poem below:
Her touch and embrace
As she wiped the tears from my face
Holding me tightly whispering, “It’s going to be okay”
Cleaning the dirt away from my scars
I remember those days
When Mama would make everything feel like brand new
Between cuts, scrapes, bruises on my skin from falling on my knees yet again
Mom has a tender touch as she told me to hold on tight
The sudden burn disappeared as Bactine was sprayed on my wound
In between sobs saying, thank you Mommy
Always wiping away the pain whether it was a scrape on my elbow
Or another love that didn’t go
In the direction that I thought it would be
Times when I couldn’t understand what was happening to me
Laughing now cause I was going through mere puberty
Causing her drama
But all mama could say was
Everything is going to be okay
Mothers have a way with words like no other
To this day I’m amazed of your strength and often wonder
How did we make it through...
If you live in the DMV (DC/MD/VA area) she can also drop a copy or two or how many you want to you directly. They are $10.00 each.
Remember this offer is only good until May 5th, 2011. Buy your copy and get a free 8x10 Laminated Poem today! Thank you in advance for your support!!!!! Visit her at http://divinewryte.blogspot.com/
- Jill Scott looks amazing on her new album cover!