I want to dedicate my blog today to the memory of Serena's mother - Marguerite "Sauti" Wills - who would have been 61 years old today. She is Serena's angel, guiding light and shining star - and I feel that not only is she Serena's Spiritual Mother now, but she serves as a spiritual mother to all of us as we honor her memory. We love you Serena and we're praying for your peace and comfort today and always.
- Today is a gorgeous day! Find time to enjoy it.
- A handsome man in a Hugo Boss suit makes me wanna do cartwheels - mmm...mmm...mmm!Sexy!!
- One week til Soul Siesta! I'm getting really excited! I need a vacation like you would not BELIEVE!
- I wish Monica was going :-(
- Who schedules a screening during lunch hours...and then doesn't provide lunch??? Wackness.
- All week I've been craving chocolate, but eating an apple instead. I plan to fix that during Soul Siesta.
- Thinking sushi for lunch.
- What did you dream about last night?
- I got a friend request on FB from a guy named Stoney Jackson who apparently went to SU. My first thought when I saw that name was of this dude...remember him??
He was in The White Shadow and 227. I think he was in Michael Jackson's Beat It video too if I'm not mistaken. What ever happened to him? :-)
- Only 4 more sessions left with Deebo. I think I'm hitting a plateau...have to figure out what to do about that. It ain't gonna be nothin' pretty when I get back from DR. Hopefully next Thursday before I go, Deebo can give me a great "last chance" workout like they do on The Biggest Loser!
- And here is Brian's Random Thoughts Thursday Throwback!
Over the years, I've been blessed to have spent time with, befriend, love, learn from and share experiences with people who have helped me grow and inspire me everyday. They have shared words of wisdom, strengthened me with encouragement, gave me joy with a smile, comforted me with a hug, gave clarity to my visions and dreams and renewed my spirit with faith. It is through family and friends that I manage to be happy and hopeful.
These relationships work because we share our philosophies, our personal truths and an outlook that prompts us to seek something greater in all and in ourselves. Sharing a journey heartedly illuminates our lives and enriches our experiences. It keeps us moving....always evolving....ever changing.
I have been transformed by the wisdom, opinions, insights and revelations of those who have shared their journey with me. It's a blessing I long to share with you through my first ever blog. For me, writing is a reflection of my own direct experience and I look forward to all of you sharing your thoughts and experiences with me.
So...with that said....can I just say.....??? :-)