Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Miss me much? :-) LOL!
I don't really have much to blog about today other than to say I had an AMAZING time in Punta Cana, DR. It was exactly the vacation I needed, and I'm already counting down the days til I go back next year. I was kicking myself the whole time wondering why it took me this long to get to the Soul Siesta...but better late than never right? From now on, I'll never miss another one if I can help it...and I'm encouraging everyone to go next year if you can - definitely a GREAT TIME!
- Gabe drooling on my shoulder sitting on the plane going to DR. He's a cutie so I didn't mind...but a sista's shoulder was soggy :-)
- Martha McKinney - My partner in crime. I traveled alone and so did she. We flew down on the same flight and officially met at the Punta Cana airport. A conversation from the airport to the hotel later and we became fast friends. She's a beautiful, intelligent woman who made me laugh the entire time, and I feel like I've known her forever. Thank you Martha for the wonderful companionship - I look forward to our budding friendship (and thank you for following my blog!)
- Mamajuanas - LIQUID CRACK! It's wine, rum, honey, herbs, bark, bugs, you name it. One shot and my whole body was on fire. But I'd take one shot and not cough for hours! Be careful cuz those things will lay you OUT! And make you kinda tingly...they say it's the "Dominican Viagra." Woo-wee!!!
- The DeeJays - DJ Ice, Chris Luv, Jay Wright and DJ Vixx killed it and kept the party going the entire time. I felt like I was at the club on the beach for a week...nice!
- Monsoon Pool Party
Facebook | Jay Wright's Photos - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC PT II W/ PENTHOUSE ENT.
- okay...it rained a lot in DR, but was still hot and muggy. One day it was like Hurricane Katrina outside...and of course all the brothas and sistas from Soul Siesta were in the pool - Martha leading the pack! I couldn't do it - something about lightning and being submerged in a pool didn't go over well with me - but I was dancing from the sidelines in my nice beach chair! The "other" guests were watching as "we" did the Cha Cha Slide in the pool from their balconies thinking, "WTF!?" The was DJ killin it out in the rain under this canopy thing...RIPPED IT! Normally I'd say it was buffoonery, but it was hot to death!
- The Comedy Shows - Capone, Nikki Carr, Omar, Smokey and Jonathan Gates - all the comedians who gave the BEST SHOW EVER! They killed it! I laughed so hard my sides and cheeks hurt. They brought the house down! And they were cool as hell too. They chilled with us by the pool and on the beach and in the clubs the entire time crackin jokes...just good people having a good time. I felt like I was at the Def Jam, just with sand. Definitely two of the best shows I've seen in a LONG TIME!
- The White Party - Sexy, grown folks sh*t! That's all I gotta say about that!
- Stalkers. Yes, I had a couple. Well....really a stalker and a "lurker." Not sure if it's a highlight, but definitely funny.
- Sexy ass menzes. There were a few...all tanned and bronzed :-) Giiiirrrrllllll :)
- Bowman Hotel - a black owned hotel in DR where we chilled, danced and watched the NBA Playoffs. One night they opened up the ENTIRE hotel to us and the Bowman served as an open dance floor...hotness!
(that LeBron shot with one second left was DOPE)
- New Friends. I met great people on this trip - mature, grown, sexy people. Everyone was nice, friendly, funny and just out to have a good time. That's the type of crowd I like to be around, especially on vacation. Everyone made my trip that much more amazing.
I could go on and one, but I'll stop here. I'll be sure to send pics and hopefully Pretty Ricky will chime in with his highlights!
So...I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully in full Blog mode. My brain is still on the beach drinking Planter's Punch :-) Thank you my guest bloggers who filled in for me while I was gone - Annamaria and Ant...love ya!
Enjoy the rest of the day and I'll be back ready to go tomorrow for Random Thoughts Thursday!