Friday, March 25, 2011

TGIF!!

I'm looking forward to my long weekend! Woo-hoo!

So this morning, Sherri Sheppard and the ladies were discussing celibacy on The View. Sherri plans to remain celibate with her fiance until their August wedding. She questioned whether or not celibacy would make her an even BIGGER freak while she abstained from sex, or if being celibate for so long would suppress her inner sex kitten.

Good question.

She also said all her fiance talks about is the sex they'll have once they get married. However, she said she rarely thinks about sex since she's so focused on NOT doing the do. Sherri never mentioned if they'd already had sex, but are just abstaining while they're engaged, or if their wedding night will be the first time they'll have sex.

Don't really care...Sherri Sheppard irks my nerves...and I don't need the visual.

But it got me to thinking of the question of the day:

Would you date a man or woman who said they wanted to abstain from sex until they got married? Would it depend on their reason for wanting to be celibate? Or do you have to sample the goods before you walk down the aisle so that you know what you're getting yourself into (or what's getting into YOU? LOL!)

Say this man or woman had ALL the qualities you look for in a mate with regard to looks, intelligence, personality, spirituality, etc. - would you wait until marriage to have sex, assuming sex wouldn't matter to you either way? Or is sexual compatibility SO important to you that you wouldn't want to take a chance - no matter how great this person is? What say you?

Go!

-b

15 comments:

Annamaria said...

First

Annamaria said...

For some reason I think Sheri is a LIAR...lol

That and she annoys me.

Stef said...

It's funny seeing "first" there with no "bitches" LOL! But I know Annamaria isn't curing for Lent :)

It's a dealbreaker for me. I know the total package is important, but sex is a BIG part of that package :) I need to know if I can be with that man sexually for the rest of my life. I commend people who are celibate for religious reasons, but I dont' think I can do it. I guess I'm a heathen :(

Jay said...

It's not a dealbreaker for me, but she'd have to be one hell of a lady for me to wait until marriage. Sexual compatibility is very important long term,and I don't think chemistry can be taught. However, if she's great in EVER other way, and we still have some level of intimacy, I could do it, because I respect a woman doing that for religious reasons.

Sherri Sheppard IS annoying.

And if they've already had sex, I don't see the reason for being celibate until marriage.

Celibacy actually means no plans to marry in life, so it's assumed that a person abstains from sex because they don't plan to marry. I guess abstinence is the better term?

Annamaria said...

TOTALLY OFF THE DAMN TOPIC BUT THE WHITE (INSERT CURSE HERE) IN MY OFFICE IS ABOUT TO GET TASED, CUT & KICKED IN THE THROAT IF SHE DOESN'T TURN THE DAMN AIR CONDITIONER OFF...

I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE TO ANY CAUCASIANS THIS MAY HAVE OFFENDED...LOL

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESUME YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED CONVERSATION.

Brooke said...

air conditioner? she's trippin' :-)

tell boo-boo it's not fully spring YET :-)

The Cable Guy said...

Sorry, dealbreaker. I need to know how the booty is before I marry (again). Celibacy is cool for some, but not for me.

Annamaria said...

@Brooke. I didn't tell booboo anything. I went & turned the damn AC off.. Then walked away saying Air conditioning should not be used when its 40 god damn degrees outside....

Brooke said...

LOL!! that sounds like the Annamaria I know :-)

Annamaria said...

That's right. If I was marrying her I'd be celibate.. Probably cuz I'd freeze to death Ice Queen that she is! LMAO

Courtney said...

I dated a HOT celibate dude once, it was TORTURE. He was on a "spiritual path" and I thought he was a great guy. It was torture, and then he FINALLY broke and we had sex. It was WACK! I will NEVER do that again. We dated for like 9 months before that and now I wish I could get those 9 months back. I applaud those who can do it, but I can't.

Annamaria said...

@Courtney...he wasn't on a spiritual path NOR was he celibate.... HE KNEW HE WAS WACK! lmao

Courtney said...

@Annamaria,

You're probably right! I never even thought of that!

I felt all guilty for not making him stick to his path, but I was going nuts! I wish I had made him stay on his wack path!

Jaz said...

I tried being celibate once - lasted all of 8 months and I was climbing the walls. I don't think I was as commited to spirituality, but moreso rebelling against men. It was after a breakup, so I needed a break...but if I had done it for religious reasons maybe I could have stuck to it. Oh well :(

If a great guy came along and I thought he was worth it, I'd date a celibate man. There are too few good guys out here to let one go. We'd just have to work on the sex afterwards :)

Ca88andra said...

Having been celibate - not by choice - for about 6 years now, it would definitely be a dealbreaker!

Related Posts with Thumbnails