Thursday, January 27, 2011
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- If I never see snow ever again, it'll be too soon. For a minute I thought I was back in Syracuse this morning! This snow is for the birds man...or the penguins...or polar bears...or something!
- At least I have a lunch screening today so I don't have to go out to get food :-)
- I'm sure by now you've all heard about Kelley Williams-Bolar, the woman who was sent to jail in Akron, OH for sending her kids to the wrong district. If you’d like to help her and make the broader and important point about educational inequality in America, please take the time to send a short note of concern to the state representatives in the area. The information is below:
For Summit County (the county that Akron is in) the state representatives are:
Lynn Slaby (Republican): firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristina Roegner (Republican): email@example.com
Todd McKenney (Republican): firstname.lastname@example.org
Vernon Sykes: email@example.com
Zack Milkovich (Democrat): firstname.lastname@example.org
House members website: http://www.house.state.oh.us/index.php?option=com_displaymembers&Itemid=73
The state senator for that area is Frank LaRose (Republican): SD27@senate.state.oh.us
Senate members website: http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=16663573&msgid=349363&act=AEWR&c=242394&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohiosenate.gov%2Fdirectory.html
Also, change.org is doing a petition on behalf of Kelly, which I also encourage you to sign. This story is ridiculous.
- I love Dr. Oz!
- Every time I see a commercial for $3 check cashing at Walmart, I wonder who these people are that don't have checking accounts. I don't mean to be ignorant, but what would be a reason to NOT have a checking account? Someone please break it down for me.
- I saw women commuting to work today in heels...in slushy, icy, snowy conditions. There's not that much "fashion sense" in the world.
- Lil Wayne has ANOTHER kid? Geesh!
- They added another show for Janet Jackson at Radio City Music Hall. Why are they messin' with me!?
- Speaking of a Jackson, Rebbie Jackson is on The View. Where has SHE been all this time? "And it's crawling like a Centipede!"
- I bought adult "gummy" multi-vitamins and I love them! I feel like a little kid though in the morning every time I take them :-)
- I'm over Life Cinnamon cereal now...back to my Honey Bunches of Oats and Special K Vanilla Almond cereal!
- I tried the McDonald's oatmeal because everyone was raving about it. It was good, very filling, but it wasn't crack! I think maple brown sugar cream of wheat is better :-)
- I'm praying for motivation to go to the gym tonight. Weather like this just makes you want to go home, cuddle on the couch and eat in front of the tv. But I'm gonna do it!
- I love surprising my sister with gifts. She's an awesome sister, wife and mother - she deserves it :-)
- Brian's throwback of the week!