Thursday, January 6, 2011
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- My body is more sore from doing yoga than spinning. How is that possible? That "Downward Dog" is a killer! I blame Monica :-)
- I realized yesterday that pretty much the only time I look at my watch is when I'm in spin class....and that's only because I don't bring my phone in there. While at work, I look at the time on my computer or phone display, and any other time I either look at my cell phone or the cable box. My watch is just a piece of fancy jewelry now :-)
- I can't remember the last time I actually rented a dvd.
- Do they still make encyclopedias?
- I think I have maybe 5 phone numbers memorized. When I was a teenager, I had at least 50 memorized. That's sad.
- My mom still refers to cd's as "tapes." My older nephew asked her what a tape was....I felt so old. I'm surprised he even knows what a cd is...but he knows how to work an iPod!
- He also knows how to load my phone with games. Luckily he can only find the free downloads....for now. I have three different versions of "Angry Birds" on my phone...just eating up space.
- He also has a fake cell phone and actually told me to "hold on" because he was getting a text. The imagination of a 6 year old. His cell phone even takes fake pictures.
- When my dad came up for Xmas, he saw a stack of Yellow Pages in the lobby of my apartment building and asked me if I needed one. I can't even remember the last time I looked up a number in the yellow pages. It's called "Google."
- I get so much junk mail! I think I only pay one bill by actually writing a check - and that's my rent. I sometimes don't check my mailbox for days because I know it's filled with nothing but Penny Savers, catalogs from random mail-only stores, a newsletter from BJ's and Trader Joe's and credit card companies trying to get me to open a Discover card. Do people even still use the Discover card?
- But my damn Essence Magazine is always late!
- I'm addicted to the show 16 & Pregnant.
- RIP Teena Maria. Lady T could blow!
- The American Red Cross is stalking me to donate blood. They call me like 5 times a day. I'm gonna do it, but geez!!!
- Everyone should gargle Listerine before getting on the train....for real.
- Did y'all see this? This kid's uncle beat him I guess because he was pretending to be a thug/gang member on Facebook...take a look.
How old is too old to get an ass whoopin'? How long do you think it'll be before someone calls CPS on the uncle for whipping his nephew on camera? Do you think the boy deserved a public spanking? Curious your take on this...and the uncle with his pants down offends me. Pull your damn pants up man!
- This week's throwback! THE JOINT!!!