Thursday, January 13, 2011
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- I'm over winter.
- I loved President Obama's speech yesterday at the memorial service in Tuscon, AZ. Regardless of his politics and whether or not you believe he's doing a good job or not - the man has a heart and integrity. His words were uplifting, he gives me hope.
- Today is the funeral for the youngest victim in the Arizona shootings - 9 year old Christina Green - the little girl born on September 11th, 2001. President Obama said, "I want us to live up to her expectations, I want our democracy to be as good as Christina imagined it. I want America to be as good as she imagined it. All of us - we should do everything we can to make sure this country lives up to our children's expectations." In heaven, he said, if there are rain puddles, Christina is jumping in them today. "And here on this Earth, we place our hands over our hearts, and commit ourselves as Americans to forging a country that is forever worthy of her gentle, happy spirit." Keep her family and friends in your prayers.
- Also, continue to keep Haiti in your prayers. A year later, they still need our help. Every little bit helps.
- This morning, a woman was standing in front of my company's building wearing a big sign that said "I regret my abortion." That was sad, but curious why she decided to stand there with the sign? I said a small prayer for her as I walked inside.
- My new favorite cereal is Life Cinnamon :-)
- I have boring chicken breasts and broccoli for lunch :-(
- Prince added another show at the Garden - he's tempting me!
- Janet Jackson is coming in March - what to do!? Can Janet still bring it??
- Busy work day for me. Glad we have a long weekend coming up!
- I'd rather have pizza for lunch today.
- "The Game" premiered to 7.7 million viewers on Tuesday night on BET. Not sure how many of you watch the show but I'm glad it made its way back on air! The premiere was okay, hope it gets better! There's NO WAY the Tasha Mack I know would be afraid of Kellie Pitts :-) The "new" Brittany" is wack, and Melanie was dead wrong! If you don't watch the show, you have no idea what I'm talking about :-)
- The gym is too crowded. I can't wait for folks to start falling off on their resolutions so I can get an elliptical machine ;-) I know, that wasn't nice...but you know what I mean :-)
- This week's throwback! Brian says, "is this beat and bass line sick or what?!" LOL!