Thursday, October 6, 2011
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- Rest in peace to Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who passed away yesterday at the age of 56. His innovative spirit, vision and genius has changed the world, and we all can learn from his greatness and leadership. What an amazing legacy to leave behind, and I am grateful to have witnessed it in my lifetime. Be inspired...for "those who are crazy enough to believe they can change the world are the ones who actually do."
- Rest in peace to Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, a major civil rights leader and icon. He was described by Martin Luther King, Jr. as "the most courageous civil rights fighter in the South."He died yesterday in Birmingham, Alabama at the age of 89. We salute you, and thank you.
- It's been really "autumn-like" out there past few days, and the crisp air is so refreshing! I think it's gonna warm up one last time this weekend and early next week and then Fall will be in full effect!
- I want boots. Real bad. I think I'm gonna have to give in before the weekend comes.
- Good news: I lost 3 lbs so far this week. Bad news: I brought lasagna to work today for lunch. Sigh.
- I'll work it off in Tru Dog's class tonight.
- Still waiting for Kim to tell me how the Michael Jackson Circ du Soleil show was in Canada - we're going in April!
- Yes, I'm an MJ fanatic :-)
- Can't wait to see my sister this weekend - we're celebrating her birthday! woo-hoo!
- Trying to hold off til next Wednesday for a mani/pedi.
- I want my braids back for the winter.
- I saw a woman in labor on the train today. She was doing her panting/breathing thing, clutched onto her man's arm with her pillow gripped tight in her other arm. Everyone on the train looked nervous, but no one looked more terrified than her husband/baby daddy/whoever he was. She just kept asking, "Are we there yet?" I wonder if they made it and if she had the baby by now. I pray she delivered a healthy baby.
- I have meetings all day today, so let me get right to the throwback!