Thursday, November 4, 2010
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
I can't believe it's November already, geesh!
- I didn't feel like blogging yesterday. Something about the election had me bummed, frustrated, disappointed...jaded. It was on my mind, but not in a good way...and it just drained me. One of the things that frustrates me the most are the people who BRAG about not voting. I'm allergic to ignorance and bullsh*t. People should really be ashamed of themselves.
- Check out Ox's blog and his post midterm election thoughts - sums up how I feel beautifully.
- But God is in control of all things, and I pray that we can work together as a country.
- Please continue to pray for our President. He needs us.
- Remember this?
Former President Bush said that Kanye's comment about not caring about Black people was one of the "most disgusting moments" of his presidency. Not 9/11, not starting a fake war, not the people who DIED in those wars, and not the people who died and suffered during Katrina....but Kanye's comments. Did he go to the Tayler Swift School of Sympathy? If he's not the biggest idiot on the planet, I don't know who is.
- If you're not a racist, those comments wouldn't affect you. But the truth hurts.
- RIP Shannon Tavarez - so sad. God bless this angel's soul.
- Monica's race is 4 days away - there's still time to donate! Go Monica!
- Someone please take this Halloween candy away from me.
- Are there any groups of women going to see For Colored Girls this Friday? I know men aren't going in droves to see it :-) I hope Tyler Perry does a good job with it.
- Brian's throwback :-)