Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Happy Veterans Day and Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
I'd like to thank all of our servicemen and women who sacrifice their time, their families and their lives defending the freedoms that we enjoy in this country. I hope you all take the time to remember and thank the veterans among your family, friends and coworkers. As the daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend of men (and women) who have served our country proudly, I appreciate your service and bravery.
- Monica finished the NYC Marathon in a little under 6 hours! Go Monica! I'm so proud of you!
- Miley Cyrus is annoying.
- Gwyneth Paltrow sings country music now?
- I have to start giving my cat Cole steroids for his tumor :-( Please pray for him. He's my baby.
- The heat doesn't get hot enough in my apartment. They're being stingy, and everyone knows I hate being cold!
- I wish I still knew how to play the piano.
- I need braids....my hair is breaking off badly due to the weather change.
- It doesn't need to get any colder than this. I don't mind when the high is 50 degrees, it's when the high is 30 degrees that I can't stand it.
- "Start Over" on Time Warner Cable is the best. I got home late from the gym, and was able to start Law & Order: SVU from the beginning instead of waiting til today to watch it on my DVR at work. They even have "Go Back" to shows that you missed in Prime in the past 2 days. Love it!
- The new girls on 16 & Pregnant are dry.
- If I say no, then that's it. I don't owe you an explanation.
- I'm becoming really annoyed by all the noise on the train and buses lately. Why are people screaming into their cell phones and talking to people who are 6 inches away from them like they're deaf? Geez! I'm in the wrong city to be complaining about noise.
- Oh, and I wanted to spank these badass kids on the train platform today. Your kids are not cute, control them. The woman told the 5 of them to use their "whisper" voice and they screamed and ran around silly for no damn reason. She needed to use a strap! I'm not saying beat your kids....but beat your kids when the "whisper" voice thing doesn't work.
- Cop gets 2 years for killing an unarmed, handcuffed Black man. Mike Vick gets just about the same sentence for killing a dog. F*ckers.
- I love my Dyson.
- I was in Nine West yesterday browsing and realized I was humming along to Christmas music. There were Christmas decorations up in Target BEFORE Halloween. It gets earlier and earlier every year.
- I love Target.
- Who are these people that still smoke cigarettes? You KNOW it can kill you, but you do it anyway? It's not considered cool or sexy anymore, so why do it? Ridiculous.
- The Biggest Loser is such an inspirational show. I always wind up shedding a tear...or three.
- Haven't caught Conan yet, but I hear he's been hysterical :-)
- Did you know they sold wedding gowns at J. Crew? Not that I was looking or anything :-)
- I hate it when people use excessive profanity in their FB statuses. I usually wind up "unfriending" them.
- I also hate when people don't spell check their statuses. I know it's only FB, but there is no "a" in the word "definitely" and no "d" in the word "congratulations."
- I wanna see Denzel's new movie Unstoppable.
- He still does it for me :-)
- I have a lot of food in my fridge that needs to be thrown away. And plenty in my freezer that I never feel like thawing out to cook.
- Last Friday, Deebo boxed me like a man. After the FIRST hour of training, he said we were "just getting warmed up." Another patron in the gym even told him, "that's enough" when they saw me sweating like a runaway slave. He promptly told her to mind her business after damn near knocking me out. My nose even started bleeding once I got in the locker room from overheating myself. He's a great trainer, but I think he's losing his damn mind.
- Someone sent me the link to the auto tune remake of MJ's "PYT" and I didn't know what it was, so I clicked on it. Pure fuckery. You don't remake ANYTHING MJ has done, but if you DO, they could have just left Robin Thicke on it...but T-Pain? FU-CKER-Y.
- Men should not wear white, pointy shoes and tight, tight jeans...together OR separately.
- MTA fare hikes again, and less service. Pretty soon it's gonna be cheaper to just drive.
- I'm always amazed at women who can commute in heels.
- Some of the men and women who perform in subways are really talented!
- First kisses are the best aren't they? :-)
- I feel like blowing off every meeting I have from now until the new year. I have 2 weeks left of vacation to take and I need every single second of it.
- My cell phone is too slippery...I keep dropping it.
- I have so much laundry to do this weekend. But I love the smell of freshly laundered clothes :)
- I feel like I've been thirsty all week - I need to drink more water.
- My lips have been chapped all week too...obviously because I'm dehydrated. Not sexy.
- Who are these people who pay contractors thousands of dollars before they do any work? How does that even make sense?
- Is the bed bug epidemic over yet?
- Pootie Tang was on HBO last night...really?
- I'm peace like that.
- And in honor of the SU basketball season starting, Brian's throwback!
When the 'Cuse is in da house...OMG...Danga!