Thursday, October 21, 2010
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- I'm tired. I could crawl under my desk and go right to sleep. I can't WAIT to get home, slip into some jammies and cuddle on the couch with Cole.
- My nephew Ibrahim turns 4 on Saturday! I'm headed to Philly tomorrow night to go celebrate with my family. We're having a bowling party and a Monster Truck cake! I love them :-)
- "The rent is too damn high!"
but did you peep the gloves though? :-) LOL!
- Did anyone see Tyler Perry on Oprah yesterday? If not, you should find it and watch it. Gripping interview...my heart ached for him.
- The news has been so depressing lately.
- NPR's Juan Williams shouldn't have been fired for his remarks on Bill O'Reilly's show. Was it an idiotic thing to say? Yes. But he was stating his feelings, not an opinion as a fact. People say idiotic, racist, insensitive things every day - doesn't mean you should necessarily get fired for it. While I understand that not ALL speech is protected under "freedom of speech" - expressing your feelings on something, no matter how ridiculous, should be protected. If you want to be able to state your opinion or feelings, then keep in mind that you have to take the good with the bad on that one.
- Don't you hate it when the funky, fly boots you want don't come in your size? Or if they do, they're in a 5 inch heel? What is up with THAT? I have no desire to bust my ass trying to walk. Flat boots it is.
- I'm in a shopping mood...always happens to me in the Fall. Chunky sweaters, boots, scarves! I've been good lately, but that 45% off coupon I got from The Gap is callin' me!
- Since I've lost weight, my favorite "booty" cords are too big for me. They discontinued them, so I can't even replace them. That can't be a good thing. I need them since I've been told I was "booty challenged."
- I feel like I've been working with idiots all morning. It's even worse when the simpletons think everyone ELSE is simple. Don'tcha just love that? Must be nice to live in that world.
- You're never too old to hold hands, give and receive great hugs and to have someone blow raspberries on your face :-)
- I've cut down significantly on Snapple. Baby steps.
- What's for lunch today? I neglected to cook...AGAIN. I gotta get my act together.
- If you all don't follow TogetherAsOne on Facebook, you should check them out. They've started a scholarship program behind one simple concept: If 2000 people pledged $20 a year for 5 years, we could send a young black man to a 4 year college and support him through graduation. I can spend $20 a day on just lunch and dinner alone, so $20 a year is something I can easily commit to. Will you be one of 2000 strong? Join the Village and let's do this!
- Brian's RTT Throwback!
He pulled that one out the hat!