Thursday, August 16, 2012
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- I have a slight headache - must find medicine fast!
- So, I'm on the train on my way to work, and this little kid sitting across from me sneezes and blows snot and saliva and Lord knows what else on this woman's arm who is sitting next to him. She promptly gets out her tissues and hand sanitizer and wipes herself down. That's what any of us would have done, right?
The MOTHER proceeds to huff and puff and says to the woman, "Really??!! It's THAT deep?"
The other woman says, "Yes, it is."
Umm...why should that woman sit there with snot on her arm? It kills me how some parents take offense to EVERY LITTLE THING that pertains to their child.
Here's a little tidbit about me that all parents should know so that they don't get offended if this ever comes up: I don't drink behind children. None...not even my nephews, my friends' kids, whoever. I just don't.
I barely drink behind any adults. I make an exception for my man because I figure we're probably already swapping spit in some other way, so drinking out of your glass shouldn't be a problem. However, I'm sure it's a psychological thing when it comes to kids. When I catch a cold from an adult, it lasts 3 days. When I catch a bug from a kid though, I'm laid out for 2 weeks. Something about kid germs seems mutant to me.
So if you offer me something in a glass or a bottle your child has drank out of and I decline, don't get mad, don't get offended or think I don't love your child. I just don't do that if I can help it. The end.
- My new orthotics in my sneakers feel pretty okay. My left foot is all jacked up.
- I miss the Olympics :-(
- I'm so happy Jennifer Aniston got engaged :-) Well, that's what Inside Edition and People Magazine are saying anyway.
- I'm mad people are still talking about Gabby Douglas' hair. Now they're saying she's getting a makeover from a celebrity stylist. While that's fun and all, she's a freakin' OLYMPIAN!! Why aren't we focusing on that? She made history. Really? She's 16 years old, give her a break already.
- Meanwhile, I need someone to do something with MY hair.
- My phone isn't ringing, it's "chirping" or "beeping" or something.
- Serena, I got your text...and while I would normally LOVE to split a case of Snapple with you, I've been trying not to drink it anymore. I now drink Lipton Tea & Honey, a black tea-lemon-honey packet that you add to water and is only 5 calories with no sugar OR aspartame. It's light, so I'm trying to make myself like that instead of the Snapple that I normally LOVE. I'm going through orange juice withdrawal too.
- I lost 3 more pounds :-) It's slowing down a bit, but as long as the scale is going down, I'm not complaining.
- My ceiling broke last night in my living room and bedroom. My mattress, rugs, clothes stored under my bed, are all completely soaked. When it rains, it pours...literally. They better fix this ish TODAY.
- Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada are a messy couple - that never should have happened.
- HBO's Hardknocks is on it! That's REAL reality right there.
- Wondering if I should do the Biggest Loser at work again - defend my title :-)
- Still waiting for my cousin's baby to come out - she's a week overdue!!! Watch her go into labor the minute I hit the highway for Philly.
- I want to get my nails done...maybe next week.
- Still haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises....gotta get that done.