Thursday, August 30, 2012
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- Annamaria reminded me of what day it was...but I had a foot doctor's appt. earlier, so I'm just now getting back! Geesh!
- I have Carpal Tarsal Syndrome: Anatomy similar to that of the wrist and hand exists in the ankle and foot. When the sensory nerve that passes through the tarsal tunnel is irritated by pressure in the tunnel, numbness and tingling of the foot and toes can be felt. I had to get an injection in my foot. So yeah...fun times.
- So glad it's a long weekend. Going to the beach at some point...and then my first match of the U.S. Open on Monday night!
- Been watching tennis for a couple days now - go Venus and Serena!
- Has anyone seen Porgy & Bess on Broadway with Audra McDonald? Opinions?
- I need to find out when my broadcast network shows start.
- It's 2:18 and I haven't eaten lunch yet. Have a great lunch waiting for me too - chicken breast, shrimp and asparagus! Thanks babe!
- Beautiful day out!
- How did the summer pass by so quickly? I wish winter felt this short :-(
- I have a new mattress and new bedding. You'd be surprised how refreshing a new set of sheets feels. Ahhhh!!!
- I need to drink more water. And I think I feel a cold coming on :-(
- T.I. and Tiny are cute and all, but I can't commit to their show.
- Just bought some new candles to go with my new bedroom :-) Great sale and Bath & Body Works! It's on my way home from the foot doctor :-)
- I think I'll cut it short now so that Annamaria can be first and give us her random thoughts :-) Gotta go heat up my lunch anyway :-)
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Happy Hump Day everyone!
I know it's been a minute since we last chat, so I hope my blog family is happy and healthy!
Today's Hump Day discussion is a question of the day: What is Your Relationship Breaking Point?
Having dated for over half my life, I can honestly say that how I viewed relationships from the age of 16 to now has definitely changed over the years. We all have things that we will or will not put up with in a relationship, but I have found that those things can change as we get older and gather more experience. At least that's the case for me.
From ages 16 to about 25, I never considered dating anyone with children - Until I met someone with children that I vibed with. So I amended my list a bit to say that I wouldn't date a man who had multiple children with more than one woman. But once I hit 30, I realized that that was like asking water not to be wet. Don't get me wrong, I've dated several men who didn't have kids, or only had one child - but of course those relationships unfortunately didn't work out.
So I amend my list again.
Once I hit 35, I got rid of this mental checklist altogether and decided to just go with the flow. However, what hasn't changed are my core values of honesty and respect - two things I will not waver from. Those are things I require. I can't be in a relationship without them - those are my deal breakers.
I hate when I give a person an opportunity to tell the truth and they don't take it. For me, lying and cheating is the ultimate betrayal. Some women say they would never be with a man who is physically abusive. Others say they can't be with a man who has an addiction. Others won't date men with multiple children, who are unemployed or who live with their mama. We all have that "thing" we simply can't put up with. For me, it's lying.
For me, trust is the foundation of a relationship. If I don't have peace of mind, I can't function daily in a state of joy. I get headaches, lose sleep, I can't focus at work and I just generally feel sad. There is nothing worse than being lied to by the person you love, who you thought loved you enough to be honest with you, who respects you enough to have an uncomfortable conversation and who would protect your heart. For me, dishonestly and deceit will break my heart, and send me running in the other direction. I don't like my time being wasted.
So I say all of that to say, what is your relationship breaking point? What will you, or will you NOT, put up with? Has your thresh hold or tolerance for certain things changed over the years, or have you stood firm in your beliefs? Curious to see if anyone has allowed their thresh hold to slide a bit - because for me, when I'm done...I'm done.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- I have a slight headache - must find medicine fast!
- So, I'm on the train on my way to work, and this little kid sitting across from me sneezes and blows snot and saliva and Lord knows what else on this woman's arm who is sitting next to him. She promptly gets out her tissues and hand sanitizer and wipes herself down. That's what any of us would have done, right?
The MOTHER proceeds to huff and puff and says to the woman, "Really??!! It's THAT deep?"
The other woman says, "Yes, it is."
Umm...why should that woman sit there with snot on her arm? It kills me how some parents take offense to EVERY LITTLE THING that pertains to their child.
Here's a little tidbit about me that all parents should know so that they don't get offended if this ever comes up: I don't drink behind children. None...not even my nephews, my friends' kids, whoever. I just don't.
I barely drink behind any adults. I make an exception for my man because I figure we're probably already swapping spit in some other way, so drinking out of your glass shouldn't be a problem. However, I'm sure it's a psychological thing when it comes to kids. When I catch a cold from an adult, it lasts 3 days. When I catch a bug from a kid though, I'm laid out for 2 weeks. Something about kid germs seems mutant to me.
So if you offer me something in a glass or a bottle your child has drank out of and I decline, don't get mad, don't get offended or think I don't love your child. I just don't do that if I can help it. The end.
- My new orthotics in my sneakers feel pretty okay. My left foot is all jacked up.
- I miss the Olympics :-(
- I'm so happy Jennifer Aniston got engaged :-) Well, that's what Inside Edition and People Magazine are saying anyway.
- I'm mad people are still talking about Gabby Douglas' hair. Now they're saying she's getting a makeover from a celebrity stylist. While that's fun and all, she's a freakin' OLYMPIAN!! Why aren't we focusing on that? She made history. Really? She's 16 years old, give her a break already.
- Meanwhile, I need someone to do something with MY hair.
- My phone isn't ringing, it's "chirping" or "beeping" or something.
- Serena, I got your text...and while I would normally LOVE to split a case of Snapple with you, I've been trying not to drink it anymore. I now drink Lipton Tea & Honey, a black tea-lemon-honey packet that you add to water and is only 5 calories with no sugar OR aspartame. It's light, so I'm trying to make myself like that instead of the Snapple that I normally LOVE. I'm going through orange juice withdrawal too.
- I lost 3 more pounds :-) It's slowing down a bit, but as long as the scale is going down, I'm not complaining.
- My ceiling broke last night in my living room and bedroom. My mattress, rugs, clothes stored under my bed, are all completely soaked. When it rains, it pours...literally. They better fix this ish TODAY.
- Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada are a messy couple - that never should have happened.
- HBO's Hardknocks is on it! That's REAL reality right there.
- Wondering if I should do the Biggest Loser at work again - defend my title :-)
- Still waiting for my cousin's baby to come out - she's a week overdue!!! Watch her go into labor the minute I hit the highway for Philly.
- I want to get my nails done...maybe next week.
- Still haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises....gotta get that done.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Happy Random Thoughts Wednesday!
- I know, we normally do this on Thursdays, but I'll be traveling beginning tomorrow and won't have time...so here we go! Besides, Annamaria suggested random thoughts for today, and I can't let her down :-)
- When it's raining like this, I just want to stay in bed...but I have things to do so that's not really an option today. Oh well....at least I got to sleep in late.
- I'm loving the Olympics! Coverage is okay...and some of the judges suck, but the stories are always inspiring :-)
- Gabby Douglas is so cute!
- I went in a little harder yesterday in the strength class because I was trying to channel the spirit of an Olympian. I might regret that in the next 24 hours.
- Gonna be a special, fun weekend.
- Happy August! Where is the summer going??
- Guess that means rent is due. Grateful to have a roof over my head though.
- My dad makes me laugh...and smile.
- My boo boo Ibrahim wears glasses now - he's so adorable!
Okay, I think that's all I got - time to run some errands but I'll be checking in!