Thursday, May 31, 2012
Happy Random Thoughts Thursday!
- It's been a while - my bad! I'll try to do better.
- Beautiful day in the NYC today! Love it!
- I'd better pop a good number when I weigh in tomorrow. I've been KILLING myself in the gym this week. Go team DAMM!!! (inside joke)
- I feel like all I've been watching on tv is the NBA Playoffs and SportsCenter. I might catch Wendy Williams during the day, but even that's background noise.
- Steve Harvey's "Strawberry Letters" this week have been CRAZY! Do these people really exist in the world? No wonder he has a best selling book - people aren't using the good sense God gave them.
- Can't wait to lay on the beach this summer. Why is it that all the 90 degree days fall on like...a Tuesday... and all the rainy days are on the weekend? That just means I have to get creative when playing hooky.
- I'm wearing white jeans today - just thought I'd throw that out there.
- I haven't been to see a play in a long time - have to remedy that. A Streetcar Named Desire might be one to see. Blair Underwood....nuff said.
- I love our First Lady. The Flotus is THE BOMB!
- School teachers are still having sex with students? Really? And how do you get seduced by an 18 year old?
- Do any of you pee in the pool? Don't lie...
- I would LOVE sushi for lunch - not sure it's good for my weight loss plan though for this week. I've been juicing all week...blah.
- Anyone have any ideas on what I can write about for Madame Noire this weekend? Relationship topics? Anyone???
- I posted "Money Monday" on Tuesday and no one corrected me :-)
- Sand between my toes would feel SO good right now.
- It's June tomorrow...the year is flying by so fast!
Let's go! Love Jigga's swag!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Happy Hump Day!
Today is a rant day. Feel free to rant about whatever you want.
My rant for today? My hair.
It's just not doing anything I want it to do. It doesn't curl up, it's frizzy and I don't find it to be cute at all.
Actually...that's not true. My hair looks nice when it's about a quarter to half an inch long. But now that it's growing, that inch and and half length seems to make a HUGE difference in how my hair behaves.
So it seems the solution would be to keep it short. But I don't want to keep it short. I know it's going to take a couple of years for it to get to a length where I can rock a great twist out, so I figured I'd better get started now. All of this means I'm about to enter into the dreaded "in between stage" - a stage I hated when my hair was relaxed as well. Not looking forward to it.
Then there's the gym. I've been going hard for a few weeks now, and while you'd think natural hair would be easier to manage as it pertains to working out, I feel like it's worse. I sweat my hair out, and my hair being wet isn't the issue. It's the sweat mixing with the 3 different hair products I have in my hair (that don't work) running down my face, making me feel greasy and breaking my skin out. I wash my face a lot more now because I constantly feel oily, which is making my skin dry out - or break out more.
Then, when I sweat out the product, my hair turns into a massive frizz ball. So I have a wet afro that looks crazy. All the product is on my hands (from putting them behind my head to do ab work) and none on my head. We won't even talk about the oil running down the back of my neck.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Renting: What You Should Know...by Austin the Realtor
Monday, May 14, 2012
It's Money Monday with Austin the Realtor - let's go!
Common Credit Myths...by Austin the Realtor
Friday, May 11, 2012
Happy Friday! And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
In honor of Mother's Day, and this trailer from Jada Pinkett Smith, I'd like to pose this question: What is the greatest lesson you've learned from your mother? It may not be just one thing, so name them all if you want :-)
Monday, May 7, 2012
I've been having a problem with my upstairs neighbors. I live in a 4 floor walk up, on the third floor. My new neighbors are newlyweds - great, fun couple, very nice. I like them...except for one thing. They have sex every night around 1am, sometimes again around 4, and it's VERY loud. I'm all for newlywed bliss, and I'm happy they're loving each other - but I need my sleep! Other than the marathon sex, I have no problem with them and really like them, so I'm having a hard time finding a way to tell them that their over zealous sex lives is ruining my sleep. Their sex lasts about 45 minutes, and even when they're finished, I can't fall back to sleep right away. And when I do, it's round 2 for them!
What can I say to them, in a nice way, to let them know that they're keeping me up at night? I don't want to be one of "those" neighbors who complains all the time, but it's really affecting me at work, and just making me a sleep deprived mess. Please help! Thanks!
- Need Some ZZZZ's!
Lastly, I have a question. Are you sure you're not just a TAD bit jealous that they're having awesome sex every night...and you aren't? LOL! I know...I'm kidding...kinda :-) There really is no easy way to approach neighbors about this, so just do it - in a friendly, respectful and direct way. But try to cut them a break - they ARE newlyweds. Maybe you can try earplugs first...or having loud sex yourself in order to counteract the noise. Might be fun!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
- I heard today is "National Day of Prayer" day. I thank God for all of you, my family, friends and loved ones!
- I'm going to win The Biggest Loser competition at my job. I've already claimed it. Time to go IN!
- RIP Junior Seau. So tragic.
- I have a fuzzy head. I think I need a trim I think.
- What do people do for Cinco de Mayo? Anything?
- I haven't been wearing my pop of red lipstick. I need to get back on that for the summer :-)
- Spinning tonight - gonna be a killer!
- Raw snap peas aren't that bad....kinda.
- I hope to be a tourist in NYC this summer. I've lived here 9 years...I think it's about time.
- May is going to be a busy month.
- Thunderstorms are so sexy.
- How important is sex in a relationship?
- I did my own toes - deep purple! Holla!
- I need to hit the lotto!
- Can anyone recommend a great fuchsia lipstick? Dying to try it!
- Almost time for sandals!
- I miss Left Eye :(
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Happy Hump Day!
So I was having this discussion last night and wanted to put it out to the blog family to get your thoughts. We've all known a woman (or a man) who decided to stay with their significant other after they've discovered an infidelity. Some rationalize it by convincing themselves it was a one-time thing, others simply stayed because they love him or her and don't want to let them go.
I just couldn't take it. I can't be with someone I don't trust.
But does that make me weak? Does that make me non-Christian because I wouldn't be able to stay in a union where such a betrayal took place? Or does that make me human?
Some women, on the other hand, feel that love can conquer all - and that the man they love deserves a chance to make it up to them. So they forgive him. Sometimes it's for the better, sometimes not.
Let's hear it! Go!
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
TMI Tuesday - let's go!
9 Rules For the Office Romp...by The Fury
I was recently hired to do some contract work for a corporation that just survived a very big, extremely public sexual harassment lawsuit, some sexual harassment charges and a big issue of sexual payment for advancement. Yeah…
So here I go walking into the revolving door of unsaid company wondering what the hell is going on that so many people are having sex IN the workplace. No seriously, one person was reprimanded and demoted because he was caught orally pleasuring a co-worker while (and this may be just the tale exaggerated…) she pleasured herself with the neck of a Hennessey bottle. Oh my my my…
Again…these people hired me…
I’ve had one or two office romances in my life and they are not for everyone.
There are rules to the shit.
1) Don’t fuck in the office. (it’s tempting. Don’t do it….now oral is possible as long as the other isn’t too distracted by the bottle of spirits pistoning inside of her to realize security is walking the hallway)
2) Be on similar levels. F#cking an underling or an overling will cause an issue eventually. Usually with the person who isn’t in the sexcapade that gets passed over for the promotion.
3) If there’s a company rule that says you should tell…tell! Or don’t tell…anyone!!
4) Don’t squeeze his/her ass at the watercooler. Someone always sees.
5) Don’t whisper “I wanna taste/suck/lick/f#ck/juggle/gargle/ram your [anything]” in the cubicle area. You might as well have a bullhorn. Mouth it. Write it. Know sign language?
6) Do treat the person respectfully, even if it’s the worst taste/suck/lick/f#ck/juggle/gargle/ram you’ve ever had.
7) Don’t taste/suck/lick/f#ck/juggle/gargle/ram the office loudmouth.
8) If you want to break it off…do it easy. Very easy. The last thing you want is him/her telling the boss while he/she is tasting/sucking/licking/f#cking/juggling/gargling/ramming the boss. Bad news
9) Don’t use company computers/networks to talk dirty or set up dates. A friend of mine is an IT contractor for a large firm. He has copies of every nude picture ever sent internally. Like wow…
With that said, I’m going to keep to myself here and finish this contract quietly…unless of course my neighbors are reading this over my shoulder and don’t mind making me the meat in our office sandwich.
Do you have your own office romp rules? Ever have an office romp horror story or romance story? Let’s talk. It’s TMI Tuesday!
They call me The Fury and this Office Space is tempting...
- The Fury